what can i expect to pay

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 03:32 AM
Default what can i expect to pay

hey there
total newb here. to bikes and that whole scene.
i was just wondering, next summer, i'm looking to buy a 6r for my first aftet taking the MSF course.
for something like a 2002-2006 with around maybe <6000 miles on it, what can i expect to pay?
along with, buying a new bike must have its things to look for like buying a "new"used car.
what kind of things should i ask/look for?
thanks so much guys.

i've gotten more responses here than i have any other forum i have been a part of.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:02 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: what can i expect to pay

Only thing I can say is to look around. You can find some screaming deals if you are willing to take your time to shop. Prime example is my CBR. It's an 06 and had 1800 miles on it and I paid $4500 bucks and it looks like new. You can expect around $5K to $6K though.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:17 AM

buy now, or early to mid winter. depending where u ride, no one wants to buy a bike, they want sleds... up in new york anyways... there dirt cheap

Old 09-28-2007, 05:32 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I've already started seeing some great deals on bikes especially sport bikes. I guess the season is almost over and soon the 08 models will be introduced. You can get great deals now through winter.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:58 AM

i figured to buy sometime around now or in the middle of winter once people start getting sick of storing them. but once spring rolls around and some day where it is dry, and above 50 degrees, no way i'm ever getting a good deal.

only problem is, i'm paying off a car right now, and am short on money. so i mean, i will def. be shopping around right now, but probably won't be able to get anything til around spring sadly.

would it be easier, do you guys think, to buy used from a dealer and work em down, or to buy from a private seller, and try to work them down?

signing up for msf courses asap along with looking at and getting good gear as soon as i find some good stuff.

thanks so much guys...

just a general wondering....how many girls/women are on this forum? riding and tearing it up like the rest of you/

Old 09-28-2007, 06:35 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

You're welcome. I ride and I'm a Lesbian.

J/K!
A guy Lesbian.

Welcome to the Forum!

Old 09-28-2007, 02:28 PM
1st Gear Member

6R is a lot for a first bike. I would suggest looking at a 250/500. The new 250 is hot. For $3500 you can have a brand new warrantied bike.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, the new 250 is sweet. If you can handle a 600, go with that. You won't outgrow it like a 250, so it will last you longer. Just my $0.02

Old 09-29-2007, 08:56 AM

thats what i was thinking about outgrowing the 250
i mean, the new ones do look nice, i really like em, but i will probably want something more substantial than that once i'm done breaking the whole riding thing in.
i'm not power hungry, by all means. cause lets face it, two wheels, with the biggest power, isnt the smartest combination.
but, the 6r seems like it could be a good starter (from what i've read and learned from my neighbor, it's about the maturity of the rider, than the bike itself) i probably won't outgrow it, and it seems like it's a really good build for a bike.

one of my buddies wants me to get a gixxer, but i've had my eyes on a ninja ever since i first saw one, wayy back when i was like 4.

thanks again guys for all your input. really helps out to have support rather than discouragement.

Old 09-30-2007, 04:01 AM
1st Gear Member

It may be EASIER to buy from a dealer, but it will run you more $$ than private party sale.

Quick Reply: what can i expect to pay