This track stuff is getting expensive....

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 06:36 PM
1st Gear Member
Default This track stuff is getting expensive....

We have always camped out at the track, and don't mind roughing it a bit, but this last track day at CMP was just about the last straw. It rained like hell Sunday night and the wind was rocking the house and blowing the side of the tent in. We are also tired of the set up and tear down process..........

Then Donna made the mistake of saying "Maybe we should just go ahead and get an enclosed trailer?"

So the search began. We wanted something big enough to double as a camper, so a small 5X10 or something like that was out. I also wanted something big enough for a few bikes so a couple guys can share gas costs on trips to tracks farther away. Ended up selling my open trailer yesterday morning, and then drove 200 miles last night to pick up this beast....

I got one hell of a deal on it though. It's an 07 model 7X17 that the guy bought when he bought a 4 wheeler, drove it home, and then never moved it again. I happily handed him $2800 cash and drove it home! I actually got about the same milage as I was getting with my open 6X12 trailer due to the V Nose and the fact that my other trailer had a drop ramp that acted like an air brake.

Checked today with a local place and it will run me $625 to install a roof A/C system. After that, it's just a matter of setting it up inside with chocks for 4 bikes and racks for other crap. No more dragging the EZUps and all the crap out of the garage. No more sweating setting up the tent and pulling all the crap out of the truck to put in the tent and dragging it all back out when packing... I can just leave it in the trailer now! More time for a couple beers and BS'ing!

I am stoked!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: This track stuff is getting expensive....

Thats a pretty good trailer... Nice find

Old 06-04-2008, 09:39 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

SWEET! Nice jackpot Ron! Great deal! Put an alarm or Lowjack on that trailer and get a wheel lock. I have heard of people getting the whole trailer stolen with all their stuff in it. Put some identification on top also so it can be seen from the air. Okay, now I’m getting paranoid\\; I’ll stop.&lt\\;br&gt\\;

Old 06-04-2008, 10:43 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: speedracer138

SWEET! Nice jackpot Ron! Great deal! Put an alarm or Lowjack on that trailer and get a wheel lock. I have heard of people getting the whole trailer stolen with all their stuff in it. Put some identification on top also so it can be seen from the air. Okay, now I&rsquo\\;m getting paranoid\\\\\\; I&rsquo\\;ll stop.<\\\\\\;br>\\\\\\;

[sm=exactly.gif][sm=goodidea.gif]