Track Gear And Info PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Default Track Gear And Info PLEASE!

Waddup guys!! So I registered for track school so I can get my license on Feb. 9 here in Florida, If all goes well I will be racing on the 18th of Feb.! My questions are as follows: Does anyone know of a good website that I can buy Full leather one piece racing suits for a really good price??? Also boots and racing gloves would be great! WHat are some of the mods that I should invest in for my bike before hitting da track? Any info. or advice will be greatly appreciated, THANKS!

Old 12-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Default RE: Track Gear And Info PLEASE!

Here, this guy is part of our site here at KF http://www.cyclemartusa.com/productl...&catalogId=213

Mods-get your suspention setup for you. Best mod to start with. frame sliders. spools. what ever stuff it takes to make your bike legal to be on the track. headlight covers and stuff

oh yeah, extra rubber. The track will eat up your tires

Have fun and ride at your own pace. Someone will always be faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-08-2006, 05:15 PM

Oh yeah, you will need to safety tie your oil bolt.

Old 12-08-2006, 05:31 PM

Thanks alot gotrice, how about steel braided brake lines? Rear sets? Thanks again bro.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:37 PM

Until you get real serious, that stuff can wait. Unless money is not a problem. Rearsets will allow you to adjust your feet for a better overall feel for the bike. Braided lines will give you better feel for your brakes.

with that said, you wont notice anything til you really learn your bike. I dont know how good of a rider you are, but the best thing for you may just be free. Its alot of seat time. Practice practic practice. You dont have to go all out. I mean your gonna be on a track, pushing your bike, its bound to go down. So i would get alot of seat time before i drop a dime more than i had to into your bike. If you get a chance, PM Notstock. He does track time all the time. Im sure he has some tips and tricks that will help ya out.

Later Ride safe, gear up!!!!!!

Old 12-09-2006, 12:38 AM

I've got joe rocket gpx 2.0 - 2 piece leather suit virtually brand new, and matching gauntlet gloves. As well as some boots

The suit is a 44, gloves large, and boots are 9's.

If you are interested, PM me

Old 12-09-2006, 05:42 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Racing as in sanctioned? or track days?

Old 12-10-2006, 08:38 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Read the rule book from the santioning body that you'll be racing under/ at. They'll have all the rules and requirements. Also, start out in a stock class so all you have to do is worry about riding the bike and learning. If you modify your bike too much, you will be working on it too much and will stop having fun. Also, more wear and tear on your parts and tires. Dot tires are cheaper. It's also best to get the most competitive bike to start with if you plan on getting serious about racing and getting sponsored. Also it's easier to do good/ win with a new and competitive machine depending on your racing skills & ability.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:12 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Also, start out in a stock class so all you have to do is worry about riding the bike and learning. If you modify your bike too much, you will be working on it too much and will stop having fun. Also, more wear and tear on your parts and tires.
+1, less is more fun and less costly to play. Normally, novice classes will have a wave setup for the different classes. ex: 250's start on the first wave, 30 seconds later the 400's leave,..... then the 600's, ......then the opens. So technically the 250 would have a shot of being equal to the opens with good riding. The 600 class is usually the toughest to beat in that arrangment though.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:45 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Depending on the Racing organization or Club; they may have a tatally seperate class for 600 production or 600 supersport.

Quick Reply: Track Gear And Info PLEASE!