Totaled my bike, my first drop lots of pics.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Default RE: Totaled my bike, my first drop lots of pics.

Not new I had the bike for 1 1/2 months, Is every 636 wheely happy? My previous bike was a 03 600rr, and the only way I could get it up is by clutch, but the kawi go's up just by the power of the bike, I have to lay on the front forks in first to keep it on the ground.

And yes, im fixing her, already ordered half the parts, i still need the subframe if anyone has a used one?
What are good frame sliders, I had these http://www.motovationusa.com/ZX6R_05.html but the right one bent and ripped out.

Old 10-26-2005, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

i don't ever wheelie the bike, but sometimes the front end wants to come up... the bike has alot of torque and once you hit the power band you wake up the beast inside... so if your gonna do that again and i think you will lets hope your more geared up then you were last time.... gear up and ride safe brother....

Old 10-26-2005, 11:40 PM

Sorry to hear about your spill. Alot of guys I know, myself included use vortex sliders. They have changable pucks, and are tried and true.

I have an 05 6r and before I put exhaust and a gearing change I had to try to bring the front wheel up. Now I have to try to keep the front tire down, and I weigh in at 190-197 depending on the time of day... They have a $hit ton of power and it is easy to get into trouble, but you are well aware of that fact [sm=oopssign.gif]

Old 10-26-2005, 11:46 PM

btw...glad to see you are getting back on the horse! Props for not getting scared and selling her [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 10-27-2005, 05:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Glad you were able to walk away from that.

Old 10-27-2005, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Just curious - what kind of icon jacket (leather/textile/mesh) were you wearing? That is a nasty looking rash on ya - did the jacket slide up on you?

Old 10-27-2005, 11:33 PM

ewwwww...weeeee....that sucks.....i stunt alot and dont seem to pull that much power off of my 636...i really gotta give it some juice and seriously pop the clutch to pull that thing up....of course you were in first and that is always dangerous, to much torque.....sucks man, the bright side is it's already winter (depending on where u live) and you have all season to heal and fix your bike....

Old 10-28-2005, 10:47 PM

Man, sorry about the spill, but at least you walked away from it basically unscathed. I'm curious to hear the answer to bluebirds ?? about whether or not the jacket rode up on your hip. That rash looks painful. Get better!

Old 10-29-2005, 01:48 AM

intense...glad you didnt get hurt to bad bro.....how much you think its going to be to fix the damage

Old 10-29-2005, 09:09 AM

ORIGINAL: bluebird

Just curious - what kind of icon jacket (leather/textile/mesh) were you wearing? That is a nasty looking rash on ya - did the jacket slide up on you?
Black Leather icon motorhead jacket Yea the jacket slide up and the buttons that keep it tight at the buttom unbuckled.

Quick Reply: Totaled my bike, my first drop lots of pics.