Someone Knocked My Bike Over....Won't Start, Help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 05:07 AM
Default Someone Knocked My Bike Over....Won't Start, Help.

First off, someone backed into my bike ('94 ZX6, which I've only had a day) at my apt. complex and knocked it over. Nice to come home and find your bike on it's side. I picked it up and tried to start it and the oil light lit up very dimmly and died off. No power. Seems like battery is dead. What are your thoughts? And if the battery is dead, where is it, and can I jump it with my car?

Secondly,my neighnor said he saw who did it. It's someone who lives in the building across from me...though I don't know exactly which one, I do know the car. I left a note on the car saying I know they did it and there's quite a bit of damage and to contact me asapbecause I'd rather not get th epolice involved if i didn't have to. What should I do? The front cowl is cracked, and some other plastics because of it. Engine scuffed up, exhaust, etc. This really sucks.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:14 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Someone Knocked My Bike Over....Won't Start, Help.

I'd definitely make a police report ...just CYA ya know what I mean. If they don't want to work it out and you wait too long the police won't make a report on it. Right now you have a witness. Then if the person doesn't want to pay for it....I would take him to court.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:15 AM
1st Gear Member

You will have to push start it like you would for a car (standard). It is easier to do with someones help. Put the bike in first and pull the clutch in. Now have someone start pushing you and when you get going 7 or 8 miles an hour pop the clutch and give it some gas. You may have to do this a few times before you get it going.

PS

sorry about your bike, hopefully they will fess up and you can get it all taken care of.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:15 AM
1st Gear Member

I would call the police and file a report unless they give you cash in hand for the damages...make sure they get a statement from the neighbor that saw the incident...

Old 04-25-2007, 05:35 AM
1st Gear Member

sounds like a hit and run/leaving the scene of an accident etc... call the cops. people like that burn me up.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:54 AM
1st Gear Member

id take a ****in bat to his windows. pos better pay up or hells coming to town.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:55 AM

I left the note, if they don't call me tommorrow and agree to pay for the damages...I'm calling the police and filing a report. Is there a time limit as far as how long after the incident I can file a report?

Old 04-25-2007, 05:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Ya i think its a couple days so i would do it asap if that moron doesnt respond to you.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:01 AM
1st Gear Member

+1 for calling the police. As far as not starting, the batt could have shorted a cell, or created a liquid ground (when batt juice leaves a trail to metal). Either way you'll need another batt. You should also mix-up some baking soda, and water and wash everything before it corrodes.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:03 AM

Is running with the bike the only way to get it started? Could I not jump the battery using my car?

I tried to start it again and still nothing, but it looks like the bike has some more juice now...the oil light and the neutral light lit up slightly. Maybe the battery's acid is draining back down into place?

Quick Reply: Someone Knocked My Bike Over....Won't Start, Help.