Skyline Blvd. am I missing something?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Default Skyline Blvd. am I missing something?

I just rode Skyline Blvd. and am wondering if I was riding the best part. I went both ways off of hwy 9, towards 17 and towards Palo Alto. Once sb hit Palo Alto the road got a little choppy. Is that it? I mean I might be really spoiled from riding hwy 1 in Marin but I was just expecting way more. Please someone tell me I wasn't riding the right area.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:15 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Skyline Blvd. am I missing something?

Must have changed or something since I last rode there. Used to be the stomping ground every weekend. We rode 35, 9, & 17 and sometimes 1. Try the Mount Tam Jam.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:40 AM

When I lived in Marin I did Mt.T almost every day. Fun but kind of dangerous. I guess I got really spoiled with hwy1 right there. The part from Stinson to Fairfax/Bolinas rd was always fun. I'll have to go back one time just to see if it's changed (every mile is probably covered with housing tracks).

Old 09-27-2006, 04:57 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

It all depends if you like the tighter stuff of 35 & 9 or the more open roads of the PCH 1. Up toward Bodega Bay, it gets a little of both.

Old 09-27-2006, 05:55 AM

I don't like going past the Bolinas turnoff going up hwy 1 that way. There is at least one dog leg turn (turn gets unexpectedly tighter) with a tree that has claimed too many lives. I even went into the other lane the first time through that one. It's one of those bad memories.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:47 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hit skyline from hwy 92 towards hwy 9 thats way i like best. in fact ill being doing that this weekend if you anyone wants to ride hit me up!![8D]

Old 09-28-2006, 10:40 PM

I'd roll with you but I'm hoping for a Stinson ride this weekend. Weather looks good for it (nice and overcast which keeps the tourist away).

Old 09-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

right on bro. maybe some other time.

Old 09-30-2006, 03:47 AM

Well a guy came over and gave me the full asking price for my bike. Ssame price I paid but a few hundred more miles on it so I sold it. I just don't ride enough to justify having that kind of money out. I can still ride hwy 1 with the same bike, a friend has the exact same bike. Long live my old bike.

x-xrider

Old 10-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

right on bro. you gotta do what you gotta do.
ORIGINAL: xrider

Well a guy came over and gave me the full asking price for my bike. Ssame price I paid but a few hundred more miles on it so I sold it. I just don't ride enough to justify having that kind of money out. I can still ride hwy 1 with the same bike, a friend has the exact same bike. Long live my old bike.

x-xrider

Quick Reply: Skyline Blvd. am I missing something?