rider down rider down

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: rider down rider down

I am so glad that you are okay G! I hope you heal up quick so that you can get out and show your little fella how not to ride! J/K

Pop in every now and then - and let us know how things are going.

Take your time healing up, you'll be out on that ugly gixxer before you know it![sm=smiley31.gif]

Old 08-01-2006, 03:16 AM

Just like what everyone has. Glad your ok. You can always replace a bike but never a life. Be easy and get well man

Old 08-01-2006, 04:23 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss (bike) but you still have a gain (Life)!!! Like FIZZY said, you can alwatys get a new bike but even with the technology today, you can't always get your life back!

Glad you OK OVERALL! get well bro!

Old 08-01-2006, 04:43 AM

damn even the newbs are showing some love!!!!! This forum rocks. Well today i got to take a good look at my bike. I must say, came out a whole lot better that it did. Tomorrow i am gonna try to get back out and get some pics.

Trust me when i say that the gear saved my life. I had on a 2 piece joe rocket 360 zipper textile suit icon boots icon gloves and shoei hotwheel helmet which i must retire now. ever piece of gear has some mager rash. Myself only has a 2 inch by 4 inch bit of rash on my right arm. After rolling for a long time at 40 + mph on the pavement and thats all the rash i got, i need to send joe rocket a check!!!!!

I cant even tell you how i feel when i she riders or passengers on bikes in shorts going as fast or faster than i was. Im sore as hel l but atleast it only took about 2 min to clean out my rash. I couldnt even imagine it my whole body was covered. So just gear up people, and have fun. I alway made fun of myself and 056r for wearing all of our gear. Id alway ask him if he is wearing his powerranger suit. lol The day i crashed he wasnt going to. He put it on cause did. So get over the fact that us sportriders kinda look a little funny in our gear, cause just how funny would you look with half of your skin missing!!!!!

This is the point where i am supposed to say i dont mean to preach, but you aint gonna hear that out of my mouth. No way in hel l. I fell, gear saved my as s. so WTF, atleast learn from my sorry as s and see that gear will save your as s.

Oh hel l no im not done. Another way to look at it, is that my gear just gave me a chance to be around for my 4yr old son. He also has a ttr 50 bike. You otta see his gear. He has the same gear as the pro. motocross riders and let me tell you. he ran full throttle into a cement light post base and flipped over the bars head first into the light post and walked away with out a scratch. his forks were trashed but he was 100% fine cause of all his gear!!

ok so now im done. damn that felt good. please people ,gear up

Old 08-01-2006, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

Gear up, arive alive and with your skin.
My JR gear saved my *** too, I love hearing foos talking about there alpine sh&t, well I have tried it on and I am not impresse at all. JR rocks, but what ever gear you like just wear it.

Old 08-01-2006, 06:26 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

it puts the lotion on its skin [sm=icon_flaming.gif]

lets rebuild it man.

Old 08-01-2006, 07:16 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Gotrice, I absolutely agree with you on the gear. It's a 105 degrees plus here and I wear my JR Phoenix Jacket, Gloves, Helmet & Hitop Shoes (with the laces tucked in so they don't get caught on the pegs or the chain) all the time when riding. The Harley guys at work make fun of me with all my gear while they wear shorts, no gloves or helmets. I'd rather keep my birthday suit intact. One of my co-workers who owns an 04 GSXR1000 and likes doing wheelies ate it 2 weeks ago. His friend, friends wife, his girlfriend & he went to Oklahoma for a ride. He had his friends wife on the back of his bike because she'd never experienced a wheelie. So he's on the freeway with a no wheelie experienced passenger doing a wheelie at 70 plus. As the bike came up, she grabbed his arms which pulled on the throttle & looped the bike. He's running trying to hold on and she's dragging her feet. They both sliding on the asphalt at 70. He didn't have a helmet, gloves or jacket. I don't know what she had on. At the end he lost a chunk of his ***, his fingertips. skin on forearms, biceps and lots of other places. She lost her toes & broke her leg with lots of roadrash all over. Both are amazingly lucky to be alive.

My brother in-law works at the Fort Worth Coroners and I hear Horror Stories all the time about Rider getting autopsied who died. Almost all without helmets and the proper gear.

Yes, GEAR IS NECESSARY / MANDATORY!

Old 08-01-2006, 07:26 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

i think im going to start wearing a cup when i ride too.

Old 08-01-2006, 07:33 AM

ORIGINAL: evil636

i think im going to start wearing a cup when i ride too.
Ha ha, that's going to make landing a wheelie hard even better [sm=yikesomg.gif]

Old 08-01-2006, 07:38 AM

So far... James and Bob are the only ones who haven't gotten raped by the pavement in the past year from our dragon crew... Bob keep the rubber down and shiney side up!

Quick Reply: rider down rider down