Our bike's are NOT Fast Enough?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 01:38 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Our bike's are NOT Fast Enough?

Being that I am only about 130lbs or so, it doesn't take much to get me movin. I dunno if I would want alot more power...haha [8D]

Old 07-08-2006, 02:48 AM

Well now speed, i like that explanation a whole lot better. In that case i agree. And as for more power, im looking for a supercharger for my bike. I would go with a turbo, but 056r will get a supercharger on his if i do, so i gots to get me some info. ( anyone has any would be great)

Now if you are wondering why i dont get a liter, i must say that its not just the power im after. I just want something different.(as u can tell by my many paint mishaps lol) I do agree that getting a liter would probably cheaper in the long run, but how many people do you know with a supercharged 636? (if you really do, can you give me there # so i can get some info, thanks)

So for every newbie (under one yr experience) KEEP THOSE F'N COMMENTS TO YOURSELF. CAUSE SPEED DONT WANT TO HEAR ANY OF THE F'N S H I T UNTIL U HAVE BEEN ON 2 WHEELS FOR OVER A YR.

Well, i hope this takes away some of the stress in your life speed. lol

Old 07-08-2006, 04:42 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

lol lol...Who the hells poking me with that stick???!!!! lol lol

That last write up is a good one speed.... You are exactly right.. You get a newbie, and after 2 months of experience they think they know everything there is to know about being a biker. We were all that way at one point or another tho' I guess...

Do it GR.... That would be kick a$$ man!!! I do not know myself, but if I run across something, I will sure let you know about it...

The coveted 69 396 camaro...... That is a find right there...DO you have any pics of that thing speed..??? PLEASE!! I had a 69 camaro back in the day.... 383 stroker, double pumper 850 holley, hi rise, 3" duals, hooker headers, 9" rear, 400 tranny, and a huge grin... Loved that car. She'd move mid 10's with a .528 light, and Mickey Thompson ET Streets. And she was street legal.... There is something about that first start up, isn't there... That raw HP rumble when she kicks off.... Okay, I hafta go change my pants now!! lol lol lol...

Old 07-08-2006, 08:43 AM
1st Gear Member

My fn 10r is to slow.......

hahahahaha... j/k I had to speedracer

Old 07-08-2006, 09:39 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I also want to point out that for a 600 class, these bikes are powerful enough. For more power there's the liter class; you'd have the ZX10 heavy weight or the ZX14 for the super heavy weights. All I'm saying is for their respective classes, they're fast and powerful.

BigRig, the 69 is an SS396 with an Auto & cowl induction original. It's only a 325 HP car & needs a total restoration. I have stuff piled on top of it in my garage. just waiting for some time & money to begin. I got rid of my 69 327 smallblock and regret every second of it. One of my coworkers has it and is fixing it up. That was my roadracer.

As far as Gotrice, Go for it. It would be one unique bike. I am getting ready to put in an 05 motor with all the accessories in my 03 when I get back from the MotoGP in Laguna Seca. Anyone else going to Laguna?

Old 07-08-2006, 12:37 PM

I love the idea Mike! I have thought about it myself, but would never be able to convince the better to let me do it. I have rode litre bikes, and will admit they are a blast to be on. The raw power is just mind blowing, the front tire just doesn't stay down. However I wouldn't buy one, the handling of a 600 is just exponentially better! Even with the new models that are out that I have been on. After I get mine paid off, I'm planning on taking mine to a guy who builds drag bikes and seeing what he can do for me. His partner has an older gsxr 600 with over 160 RWHP that is N/A.

Old 07-08-2006, 09:59 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

That's (160 RWHP) very impressive for a 600. Must be really high compression. Must use race gas and a rear wheel starter system all the time. Get all the details before you get any work done. A set of cams, bigger valves, full exhaust system, BMC filter, Head porting and a thinner head gasket will give you a lot of HP without having to use race gas and you get to use your stock starter without burning it up and the bike will still be streetable.

Old 07-09-2006, 02:40 AM
1st Gear Member

BigRig, the 69 is an SS396 with an Auto & cowl induction original. It's only a 325 HP car & needs a total restoration. I have stuff piled on top of it in my garage. just waiting for some time & money to begin. I got rid of my 69 327 smallblock and regret every second of it. One of my coworkers has it and is fixing it up. That was my roadracer.
Have someone give overhauling a call and play along till ya get your car back all new and...... well overhauled lol. That would be a dream come true.

Old 07-10-2006, 04:56 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Oh man, that would be a dream come true! Speciall after Chip Foose get a hold of it.