New Ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 12:49 AM
Default New Ride

I just bought a new 05 ninja 636 neon green. I love it. I have always been into cars, but I needed some more speed. Nice bike ,easy ride, but I want to fix it up ... what can or should I start off with, anyone has any suggestions?

Old 05-25-2005, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New Ride

first thing you need to do is take some pix. and post them up here so we can drool over it..

then you can start with the mods...
mods are kinda like a preference thing..

speed and handling..

re-work the forks, new rear shock, steering dampener, pipe and re-map (even tho its not going to make Hp's) lighter wheels, sprockets... and so on...

looks

license plate re-locater kit, flush mounts, wind screen, polish the frame, swingarm, wheels.. and so on...

ohh BTW welcome to the forums

Old 05-25-2005, 05:07 PM

Hey Ranger, Welcome to the Forums!!

Of course I've been reserching that same stuff too, exhaust wise I will probably go with Akrapovic. They have a sllip-on and full system for our bikes. Theres others, but I like them best. Then of course you can get a Power Commander. This lets you modify (chip) your bike, and its programmable too. There's euro lights for the front (but I haven't found them yet), and fender eliminators for the back.

I should be doing my first service this weekend, after that, I can let the beast breath a little more ofter [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 05-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site Ranger! Like Onewheel said, post some pics - sounds like a nice looking bike!

Old 05-26-2005, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

remo arnt the euro flush mounts on the 636 the same as the zx10??

Old 05-26-2005, 03:31 AM

welcome to the site...I couldn't really tell you where to start as you can see, my bike is still stock :-) But puts some pics.

Old 05-26-2005, 09:09 AM

remo arnt the euro flush mounts on the 636 the same as the zx10??
Nope!! The 636 is triangle and the 10 has a squared angle on the bottom I did a side by side comparison when I was at work Saturday and saw the bad news.

Old 05-28-2005, 05:06 PM

all the small things such as handle bar ends, oil cap, tank cover, etc. can really make a bike stand out. they arent that expensive either..just an easy way to make the bike shine a little bit more...look on ebay..they have tons of stuff on there.

Old 05-28-2005, 09:04 PM

REmo is correct the front turn signals do not interchange with the zx-10 and the zx-6. Clearalternatives.com however will be selling the front turn signal in both stock UK orange and also the cleared more preferable version. For cheap fast upgrades I would recommend removing the plastic crap and rear turn signals. Clear alternatives also just came out with their integrated tail light (turn signals part of brake housing) for the 636. They are $94 and sold as a whole bolt on replacement to the stock brake light. Awesome if you ask me, i Just ordered mine.

Old 05-29-2005, 06:46 AM

Long Time Lurker here , I love the 636. Been workin gon mine since i got it , So far all the mods I have done myself:
Custom Paint, Fender Eliminator , Front FLushmounts, mini taillights

Not yet done but will post mor epics when I am done.

Quick Reply: New Ride