New member with '05 ZX636

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Default Regarding Instrument Cluster Meltage

I just joined this forum to find out more about why my wind screen is causing my instrument cluster to melt. Some were wondering if a tinted double bubble screen will cause it and the answer is yes. Since I purchase my ZZR600 new with the tinted double bubble screen installed, I called my dealership first and found out that this is a problem on several models even with the stock windscreens, and that Kawasaki's warranty won't cover it. I've also contacted the wind screen manufacturer but I am still waiting on a response, but someone definately needs to pay for this. It is obviously a Kawasaki issue and they should take care of it.
I can garranty if this happened to a car dashboard cracking or melting during the warranty period, they would be forced to fix it, so why can't Kawasaki?
I personally am not gonna let them get away with this without a fight. I urge all of you affected to call Kawasaki and let them know.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Tough break Alko (Alko-holic?) Just curious. I certainly do understand you are mad, but don't go overboard. The problem does not seem to be affecting everyone who own a Kawasaki, so it is probably viewed as acceptable by Kawi corp., or seen as extreme circumstances. If it was a problem with a safety item, such as brakes or faulty wiring, I bet they would recall the bikes, and fix them. My advice to you would be to ptotect youy gauges when you're not riding, (with a t-shirt, rag etc..), or by putting a sticker or something on the screen to help eliminate the chances of it getting any worse. Also, find out what company built and supplied the windscreen, and go after them to be compensated. If Kawasaki was supplied the screens, and were told there would be no problems, or assumed so, how can they be solely to blame? It is the screen manufacturer who has screwed both Kawasaki, and you or whomever this has happened too. Good luck, and thank you for the warning.