New with Dyno Run

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member
Default New with Dyno Run

hey guys how you doing?? well ive had my zx6r for 2 yrs now and love the bike, ive been reading the forum here for awhile now and finally registered... Just have a question I see many guys get nice hp numbers on their bike in excess of 113hp to the wheels... i dynoed my bike today it has a scorpion slip on, k/n filter and jumper mod and only got 111.86 hp and 45.62tq to the wheels... it was dynoed with 25% load.. I would like to hear some opinions and il be posting the dyno sheet soon.. I was kinda dissapointed with these numbers from seeing some of you guys making way more power just would like to know if you guys dynoed with just inertia or with load on bike... i also noticied my bike is running very lean on the dyno readings were between 13.4-13.8 throughout the map... im considering a power commander or the kawi ecu but I havent met any1 thats actually installed one and worked with it... any suggestions???

Old 02-12-2008, 03:09 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New with Dyno Run

Welcome to KF. I'm no expert with numbers with the dyno but I'm sure someone here is. A full exhaust and pc3 would definatley help, Should be able to push 120.? hp. at the rear wheel. Stay tuned for more info from more knowlegable people!

Old 02-12-2008, 03:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Again I'm not an expert either and never had my bike dyno'd. But I after I installed my PC3 it made a huge difference. Throttle is more responsive, and more torque thruogh-out the power band. Plus it's fun trying out new maps. I highly recommend getting one and possibily you can get the numbers you're looking for.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:49 PM
1st Gear Member

a pc111 is what u need if your runnin lean, i have a 04 636 and it made 115hp at the rear wheel, mods are pc111 with a custom map, k&n filter with air box mod, d&d exhaust on premium gas, on U4 race gas it made 120.8, took the sec flies out and lost alittle down low but gained it back up top so i put them back in, not to bad for a bone stock 636 with just bolt on parts, get that pc111 and get it tuned and i think u will find your no#'s u are lookin for

Old 02-12-2008, 04:16 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Each Dyno is dufferent and will give different numbers. Why was there a 25% load? Maybe that was the reason for the lower number.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member

pciii will definately pick up some of your power. what was his motive for 25% load? it also depends VERY much where your located at. ie: altitude, humidity, TEMPERATURE!! depends where you are depends on how your bike performs. But without the pciii, you will never know the full potential of your bike. believe it or not, the tire you run has alot to do with it too. any questions let me know, i work at a performance shop. Certified dyno tech

Old 02-13-2008, 12:38 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ratkiller

Again I'm not an expert either and never had my bike dyno'd. But I after I installed my PC3 it made a huge difference. Throttle is more responsive, and more torque thruogh-out the power band. Plus it's fun trying out new maps. I highly recommend getting one and possibily you can get the numbers you're looking for.
i do not recommend the dynojet maps. they will usually hurt your bike more than help it. Just because they wont on one bike does not mean it will with on another identical bike. EVERY bike differs. Only way to maximize is for a custom dyno. Otherwise, the pciii was a waste of your money. Those maps only optamize 100% throttle, so that leaves 0-99% to screw up. TRUST ME, it will be the best thing you could ever do for your bike. Dont know how much it runs where you are, but here in FL they run about $300 for a full dyno.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Just hooked my new pc3 up this week-end, then parked it. Damn winter, 5 inches of snow and can't even see how it runs! Arrrrr! [:@]

Old 02-13-2008, 03:34 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kory636

ORIGINAL: Ratkiller

i do not recommend the dynojet maps. they will usually hurt your bike more than help it. Just because they wont on one bike does not mean it will with on another identical bike. EVERY bike differs. Only way to maximize is for a custom dyno. Otherwise, the pciii was a waste of your money. Those maps only optamize 100% throttle, so that leaves 0-99% to screw up. TRUST ME, it will be the best thing you could ever do for your bike. Dont know how much it runs where you are, but here in FL they run about $300 for a full dyno.
That's true; most of the maps are for specific bikes and all bikes are different and will require custom maps for optimum power. Try running a stock air filter to see if it makes a difference. The more load on the Dyno, The less HP you'll have. Also, what kind of dyno was it? Dynojet type or Eddy Current Dyno? Eddy Current Dyno's (Considered true Rear wheel HP)read about 15% less than a Dynojet Dyno. http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prodk37.html

Old 02-13-2008, 04:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanxs for the info guys... there was a 25% placed on the dyno so it tells me what im making on the street, since on the dyno you cant simulate wind resistance you place a load on the dyno so you can get what you are really making instead of doing with inertia so thats why im guessing my numbers are lower... i also did some research and found out bikes and cars tend to run leaner on the dyno than on the actual street... im really thinking about the power commander but ive been looking at the kawasaki race ecu and it interest alot more since I can play with timing from 0rpm all the way to 16k which I dont plan to go all the way up there... the dyno I dynoed my bike was a dynojet 250i.. i mean im down here in miami and the guy at the shop showed me other dynoes from other 636 with same bolts on i have with a usb and they are making what im making... so i really dont know.. im having one of my friends dyno his stock zx6r to compare with mine

Quick Reply: New with Dyno Run