Muzzy Slip-on First Impression

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 01:39 AM
Default Muzzy Slip-on First Impression

I finally got to ride my motorcycle today with the newly installed Muzzy slip-on. My first impression of this pipe is...it's loud! I have had Two Brothers, Yoshi, and Devil and this is by far the loudest. It does give me a sense of security when I am riding next to cars and in traffic. It has a very nice tone to it, it's just almost too loud for my taste. My throttle response actually feels better with the addition of the slip-on. I did not get a PCIII because I wanted to see how it would perform without it. It is definitely an improvement!!! I only heard 1 or 2 very small "pops" on deceleration which is less than what I had on my old bike with a PCIII. Every place we stopped today someone (strangers) would compliment my bike and they all pointed out the pipe. The pipe is definitely a looker and gets alot of attention.

All-in-all I am very pleased with the Muzzy slip-on. A VERY nice pipe for $321!!! I will keep it on my bike as long as none of my neighbors complain about it being too loud when I start my bike up in the mornings.

Old 02-27-2006, 01:50 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Muzzy Slip-on First Impression

Did you get the aluminum can?

Old 02-27-2006, 01:54 AM

I myself looking for an exhaust i cnat seem to make up my mind i looking for what you said something loud.thanks for the information is it a deep loud or ricey ???

Old 02-27-2006, 02:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

Did you get the aluminum can?
Yes, I got the aluminum can.

Old 02-27-2006, 02:57 AM

ORIGINAL: smrx8

I myself looking for an exhaust i cnat seem to make up my mind i looking for what you said something loud.thanks for the information is it a deep loud or ricey ???
IMO...it's right between the two examples you gave. Not too deep and not too ricey. I have always thought Muzzy has a very distinct sound.

Old 02-27-2006, 03:46 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Thanx for that post!! I have Yoshi now and was wanting one a little louder. Do you have a pic of it installed??

Old 02-27-2006, 03:55 AM

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

Thanx for that post!! I have Yoshi now and was wanting one a little louder. Do you have a pic of it installed??
If the Yoshi on the 636 is quieter, I may switch to a Yoshi. Akra are also not as loud so I may see what kind of deals I can get on one of those. There are some pictures of my bike posted in this thread: https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_22571/tm.htm

Old 02-27-2006, 05:01 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

glad you finally got to take it out. i told you it sounded good when it was "on"

Old 02-27-2006, 05:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Now that is just plain sexy. I love the Muzzy pipes, ever since they started sponsering Kawasaki in AMA they have had awesome parts specifically for Kawasaki.

Old 02-27-2006, 06:30 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

The aluminum can (Muzzy's) has a distinct echo/tinny sound which seems louder than what it normally is. You could always tell an exhaust at the track. Sounded sweet to me though.

Quick Reply: Muzzy Slip-on First Impression