Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Ninja ZX-6R & ZX-6RR (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/ninja-zx-6r-zx-6rr-16/)
-   -   listening to your ipod while u ride... (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/ninja-zx-6r-zx-6rr-16/listening-your-ipod-while-u-ride-16328/)

nin.zx.6r 10-11-2007 01:24 AM

listening to your ipod while u ride...

Hey guys. Does anyone listen to their ipod when they ride? i was debating on whether i should or not. But then again safety issues come in hand. Is it safe? what do you guys think? i took the MSF course and it does say to wear ear plugs when u ride to dampen out the wind noise so...i mean that right there affects your hearing.

zzrick 10-11-2007 01:52 AM

RE: listening to your ipod while u ride...

I do sometimes....but adding noise isn't the same as wearing earplugs.

edit: wanted to add that I usually wear it when I am riding out in the country for fun, not when I am riding to work through the city, too many things to listen for in traffic.

Nunlowr 10-11-2007 02:55 AM

I wear mine everytime i put my helmet on. You have to find the right volume. I can still hear everything and if I think i might be missing something just put your ipod where you can pause it if you have to. I use the shuffle cause its so small and clip it to my pocket and run the cord in the jacket.

evil636 10-11-2007 05:42 AM

i do i do :D

AHUFFY 10-11-2007 06:03 AM

I GOTTA SAY I LOVE LISTENING MY IPOD WHEN I'M OUT FOR A LONG RIDE, TWISTIES, BUT LIKE ZZRICK SAID IT'S NOT THE BEST IDEA TO LISTEN IN TRAFFIC. ONE THING I DO AND WHO KNOWS IF IT ACTUALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE BUT I ONLY RIDE W/ ONE EAR BUD IN.

Drive4Ever 10-11-2007 01:09 PM

I do sometimes, only if i was going out on a long ride with buddies.;)

hoedogg 10-11-2007 02:20 PM

my motor is music to my ears;)so no i do not:)

Ratkiller 10-11-2007 03:33 PM

I do, sometimes, but the apple ear buds kill my ears under the helmet. I've been through 4 different pairs I'm trying to findsomethingmore comfortable and w/good stereo sound.

CRAZY 10-11-2007 04:22 PM

i listen to mine everytime i go out... gets me pumped for riding, and its awesome listening too it while ridin out a 3+ mile wheelie. people catch me singing to myself at a light. i usually put...

bullet with a name

on repeat :D

sup_uni 10-11-2007 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Ratkiller

I do, sometimes, but the apple ear buds kill my ears under the helmet. I've been through 4 different pairs I'm trying to findsomethingmore comfortable and w/good stereo sound.

try the cheap jelly jvc ones at walmart, they fit perfect and have stereo sound with an earplug style headphone

as for me, i only use one side at a time, i dont need stereo so i can stil hear the bike and everything else.
ohh and by the way APPLE IS A PIECE OF POO!!!! get an mp3 player not an ipod lol