Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Ninja ZX-6R & ZX-6RR (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/ninja-zx-6r-zx-6rr-16/)
-   -   listening to your ipod while u ride... (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/ninja-zx-6r-zx-6rr-16/listening-your-ipod-while-u-ride-16328/)

nin.zx.6r 10-11-2007 01:24 AM

listening to your ipod while u ride...

Hey guys. Does anyone listen to their ipod when they ride? i was debating on whether i should or not. But then again safety issues come in hand. Is it safe? what do you guys think? i took the MSF course and it does say to wear ear plugs when u ride to dampen out the wind noise so...i mean that right there affects your hearing.

zzrick 10-11-2007 01:52 AM

RE: listening to your ipod while u ride...

I do sometimes....but adding noise isn't the same as wearing earplugs.

edit: wanted to add that I usually wear it when I am riding out in the country for fun, not when I am riding to work through the city, too many things to listen for in traffic.

Nunlowr 10-11-2007 02:55 AM

I wear mine everytime i put my helmet on. You have to find the right volume. I can still hear everything and if I think i might be missing something just put your ipod where you can pause it if you have to. I use the shuffle cause its so small and clip it to my pocket and run the cord in the jacket.

evil636 10-11-2007 05:42 AM

i do i do :D

AHUFFY 10-11-2007 06:03 AM

I GOTTA SAY I LOVE LISTENING MY IPOD WHEN I'M OUT FOR A LONG RIDE, TWISTIES, BUT LIKE ZZRICK SAID IT'S NOT THE BEST IDEA TO LISTEN IN TRAFFIC. ONE THING I DO AND WHO KNOWS IF IT ACTUALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE BUT I ONLY RIDE W/ ONE EAR BUD IN.

Drive4Ever 10-11-2007 01:09 PM

I do sometimes, only if i was going out on a long ride with buddies.;)

hoedogg 10-11-2007 02:20 PM

my motor is music to my ears;)so no i do not:)

Ratkiller 10-11-2007 03:33 PM

I do, sometimes, but the apple ear buds kill my ears under the helmet. I've been through 4 different pairs I'm trying to findsomethingmore comfortable and w/good stereo sound.

CRAZY 10-11-2007 04:22 PM

i listen to mine everytime i go out... gets me pumped for riding, and its awesome listening too it while ridin out a 3+ mile wheelie. people catch me singing to myself at a light. i usually put...

bullet with a name

on repeat :D

sup_uni 10-11-2007 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Ratkiller

I do, sometimes, but the apple ear buds kill my ears under the helmet. I've been through 4 different pairs I'm trying to findsomethingmore comfortable and w/good stereo sound.

try the cheap jelly jvc ones at walmart, they fit perfect and have stereo sound with an earplug style headphone

as for me, i only use one side at a time, i dont need stereo so i can stil hear the bike and everything else.
ohh and by the way APPLE IS A PIECE OF POO!!!! get an mp3 player not an ipod lol

BlackNinjaZX6R 10-11-2007 05:59 PM

i borrow my buddies shuffle when i make a long trip. like for example im goni to cleveland this weekend so i will be wearing but when i am just ridin i have to agree with HD the motor and exhaust is like a beautiful tune to my ears

nin.zx.6r 10-11-2007 08:33 PM

haha...im just waitin for my parts to come in so i can fix my bike and start ridin again...im gonna try the ipod as well to see how it is. seems like its ok from what u guys all said =D

shinobi636 10-11-2007 11:28 PM

I ride with a ipod, and both ear-buds in. I've found that it take a few times to get them all nice with the ears, and the helmet.

KevyzToy 10-12-2007 03:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Ratkiller

I listen to my iPod or a Walkman radion when I ride. I use these for headphones.

http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/chmisearph.html

Custom made to fit my ears. Comfy as hell. They are also 25db cancelling earplugs. I can hear everything that goes on around me. It's like listening to the radio in your car with the windows up. They are a little pricey though. $200. Worth it to me though. I use them all the time.

eddieoeddie 10-12-2007 04:37 AM

I've listened to mine when go on long trips. Its hard to get the ear plugs comfortable.

PANGUI 10-12-2007 05:01 AM

I wear mine everytime I ride!!!!!!! i use the sony earbud from walmart was thinking about the BOSE plugs and they fit in my ears perfect under my helmet. Sony Fontopia Headphones, MDR-EX51LP

rocketrotary 10-12-2007 10:27 AM

I have an MP3 player in my cell phone. I'll probably just get a blue-tooth helmet when I get home, and listen through the built in speaker. I can't be too far away from music at any time.

mikeinRichmond 10-12-2007 11:43 AM

Wear mine out in the country also, but they are the Nike sport ones that hook over the ear and just sit next to your ear and not in it so I hear everything fine as long as AC/DC isn't cranked LOL.[sm=icon_rock.gif]

jeffzx9 10-12-2007 11:51 AM

I agree with Hoedogg; music is cool, but not when I'm riding. I've tried it, and found myself getting into a song and not FULLY concentrating on business at hand. That's a recipe for disaster on the streets. Plus, I don't like to feel "wired-up" like some electromagnet going down the road. Less is more, for me.

hoedogg 10-12-2007 02:15 PM

right onatleast ya got cool headphones;)[sm=smiley20.gif]

ORIGINAL: PANGUI

I wear mine everytime I ride!!!!!!! i use the sony earbud from walmart was thinking about the BOSE plugs and they fit in my ears perfect under my helmet. Sony Fontopia Headphones, MDR-EX51LP

sup_uni 10-12-2007 02:37 PM

ORIGINAL: rocketrotary

I have an MP3 player in my cell phone. I'll probably just get a blue-tooth helmet when I get home, and listen through the built in speaker. I can't be too far away from music at any time.
i havent been able to find a good bluetooth helmet set up i have the same thing. but useing the mp3 on the cell phone you need a speaker set up that is compatible with the bluetooth profile a2dp which that is what i havent been able to find anywhere

afboundguy 10-13-2007 10:12 PM

I would if I had an Ipod/MP3 player. I agree with everyone about not listening too loud. Everybody listens to music in cars and most morons listen so loud they can't even hear their passangers. As long as your responsible and can still be safe go for it.

Dragone#19 10-13-2007 11:18 PM

During my 12 hr ride last year, I used the ipod and jvcinstead of ear plugs.

rocketrotary 10-14-2007 08:59 AM

Hell, my parents have a bike that has an AM/FM CD Player with in-dash speakers.

zzrick 10-15-2007 03:34 PM

so do my parents they "old-fart" around on their goldwing now:D

hoedogg 10-15-2007 05:03 PM

man those new gold wings now are tight. what year??

ORIGINAL: zzrick

so do my parents they "old-fart" around on their goldwing now:D

vfrpilot 10-15-2007 05:41 PM

When I'm on the road I listen to my ipod all the time. I have a set of Sure E2c noise reducing ear phones. But I have to admit, I hear almost nothing but music. But that's the way I like it.;)