K&N filter and questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 05:22 AM
Default K&N filter and questions

well i have just moved into fort meade maryland and i pulled my bike on a trailer. On the way 2 the trip it was raining and i believe water has got into my air filter. If i need another one would a k&n be ok? I have heard with our 05 636's we lose hp? Is this true ?

Old 10-16-2005, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: K&N filter and questions

I can not speak for the 636 myself but I have had one in my R1 and have one in my ZX-7 and like them a lot. Not sure how you could loose hp but if you did lose 1 hp would you notice it, I can't imagine it be bad.
Ivan, the maker of the Ivans jetkit includes settings for his jetting using the K&N or BM filters.

Old 10-16-2005, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

i have an 05 636 and i've talked to acouple of techs at the stealership. they say, don't change oem filter with any after market... like a K&N... i forces too much air in the air box which throws the gas and air mixture off. in the end it also causes your bike to run like **** and lose hp...

Old 10-16-2005, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

That's just and excuse to get a power comander and then your ready for when you get the full exhaust, then new sprockets, then Gold DID chain, then new rear sets, OMG some help me.

Old 10-16-2005, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

let me get a priest to excersize the tuner poltergise out of you....

Old 10-16-2005, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Hi every one my name is mike and I am addicted to modifing my bikes, cars, house well just about everything. It's been I hour since my last mod. the wind screen LOL

Old 10-16-2005, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

hi everyone, my name is RAY... it's been three months since my last windscreen chance... i think i'm doing pretty good.... plus i'm broke....[&o]

Old 10-16-2005, 01:15 PM

This was brought up before. I have everyting that notstock said in my 05 636 and let me tell you that if the k&n is making my bike run like crap then I would love to ride a bike that has a stock air filter in.[8D]LMAO My bike runs sweeeeet. I will say that you really dont notice much difference with the k&n, but i put one in everything i own.

So you can listen to a stealership who makes a crap load of money by selling you marked up kaw parts or from someone who used k&n in his bike for over 3000k JMO

Old 10-17-2005, 12:44 AM

but i have heard from others saying that to much air messes with the air/fuel ect. I mean that sounds resonably true....like i could believe something like that. But hey if more people have them on this fourms for the 636's then i might just go ahead and chance it.

Old 10-17-2005, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

Yes they do mess up the A/F mixture but that’s what the Power Commander is for. The PC lets you adjust the A/F. You can plug it into your laptop and install maps that are pre-made for the modifications that you are doing.

Once you get a full exhaust you can have your bike dyno'ed and a custom map made just for you. That cost about 250.00 bucks but it tunes your bike very well.

Quick Reply: K&N filter and questions