Installed a Scorpio Alarm today...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 04:13 AM
Default Installed a Scorpio Alarm today...

Now that I have my ZX6R just how I want her, I decided to add some more insurance today...I installed a Scorpio SR-i500 Alarm with perimeter sensor, battery backup, and anit-hi jack features. Install was pretty easy and it works beautifully. It just helps me to relax a bit more when I have to leave my bike in the parking lot at the office (when I go in) or if I am out running errands. I know that if someone really wants it they will get it regardless but that's what my full coverage insurance is for. The Scorpio is just to deter or slow a thief down. I have the perimeter sensor set so that if anyone leans over my bike it will give a warning beep and go into full alert if they don't move away within a few seconds. I have the shock sensor set to the most sensitive setting. When triggered it will flash the front and rear turn signals. I like how I can also turn off all sirens and just have the pager notifify me if the alarm is triggered. The range of the pager is pretty far. I was able to walk all the way to the end of my street which is about 1/4 mile and still had a signal from the brain.

I give this product a thumbs up!!!

Old 03-04-2006, 04:14 AM
Default RE: Installed a Scorpio Alarm today...

how much

Old 03-04-2006, 04:32 AM

ORIGINAL: KAWABUNGA

how much
It's was not cheap. I paid $330 including the wiring harness that is made for the ZX6R.

Old 03-04-2006, 11:01 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

did you get the plug and play harness that ties into your stock harness ?

Old 03-05-2006, 03:01 AM
1st Gear Member

for that price i pry he did

Old 03-05-2006, 06:02 AM

ORIGINAL: evil636

did you get the plug and play harness that ties into your stock harness ?
Yep. It really made the install a snap.

Old 03-05-2006, 06:10 AM

ORIGINAL: txredneckmedic

You pay 9 grand for a motorcycle, a recreational vehicle and consider $300 to be alot? You probably consider the price for full coverage insurance too much also, huh? Oh, but installing a turbo is much more important than trying to protect your investiment[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 03-05-2006, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: kevinmcdade

You pay 9 grand for a motorcycle, a recreational vehicle and consider $300 to be alot? You probably consider the price for full coverage insurance too much also, huh?
Anything that makes it harder for the thief is worth it. I would have gotten one but my bike is never anywhere unattended.

Old 03-05-2006, 09:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Kevin....you dont understand. I used to be a locksmith...so i know how EASY these bikes are to repo and to pick. I also live in a small town...and right now have my car and 2 bikes sitting outside my house. People around here know better than to mess with my **** so i dont have to have a alarm.
ORIGINAL: kevinmcdade

You pay 9 grand for a motorcycle, a recreational vehicle and consider $300 to be alot? You probably consider the price for full coverage insurance too much also, huh? Oh, but installing a turbo is much more important than trying to protect your investiment[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 03-05-2006, 10:11 PM

Scorpio makes the best alarm on the market. When I had a problem with the instillation, I took it over to their office in Scottsdale and they hooked me up on the spot. Since I live in an apartment building inAZ, this alarm is the only reason I can sleep at night. BTW, I love this site, this is my first bike and I have learned so much from this site.

Quick Reply: Installed a Scorpio Alarm today...