head light

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 02:01 AM
Default head light

I was woundering if some company made a kit that makes both headlights work and still have high beams. I searched this forum and look on the net, and didnt have much luck. I hope someone can help.

thanks, wes

Old 08-02-2005, 05:19 AM
Default RE: head light

hey sdrawkcabssa i seriously was just going to post this same thing..for some reason it pisses me off that only one light comes on ..that and everytime i go somewhere everyone is like hey i think your headlight is out and im like no,thats how its suppose to be... hopefully someone here can help us out with this...

Old 08-02-2005, 06:39 AM

ya, I hate everyone tell me the samething about having a light out. It make my bike feel unbalanced. Maybe someone can help us.

Old 08-02-2005, 08:58 PM

i havent heard of anything for ninjas. but id just use the high beams most the time anyways

Old 08-03-2005, 06:12 AM

yeah i know what you are saying about just using the high beams but there has to be something ya know?

Old 08-03-2005, 06:57 AM

I don't think there will be something because of the way our lights are, we have a shield for the lowbeam and nothing on the highs. To get them equal, you will have to remove the shield and then reposition the angle of the bulbs to be even, then make a harness to get power to both of the bulbs for lows and again for the highs. I've seen it done on other forums, but when they started melting their harnesses, I dropped the idea my self.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:29 AM

yaeh maybe ill just stick to how it is now..

Old 08-04-2005, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator

well this is an idea. you could take out the high beam bulb, replace it with a low and high beam bulb. rewire the factory wire of the low beam side to the low beam of new bulb. that way when your in low beam both head lights are on. then take the high bean wire from the switch and plug that into the high bean side of the new bulb. and there you go both lights at low and boths lights at high. the trick is finding a bulb that will have the same slots to fit in the housing. but after that it sould be cake. i know it sounds confusing but if you think about it, it might work.

Old 08-04-2005, 12:33 PM

That sounds good but it might be alot of work. I will look into it, and if i come up with something I will post it.

thanks, wes

Old 08-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

I never noticed that on the 636 until you guys mentionned it! I was out for a ride last night and that was the first thing that I noticed on a bike I went by. It is odd looking, I don't blame you for trying to find a way to change it. If I come across anything, I'll make sure I let you guys know.

Quick Reply: head light