had to take my baby to the shop :( UPDATE!!!GREAT NEWS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Default had to take my baby to the shop :( UPDATE!!!GREAT NEWS!!!

so today, i went out to start my bike, and it did the weirdest thing, the noise that it makes at start up for the FI, kept going, while everything was just sitting there...also i started it up, and the RPM's were fluctuating between 2k-3k rpms, never going down to the idle speed that it was set at after my service...the dealership said theyd fix it but of course when i had it delivered there, the dam bike didnt make the noise!!![:@] So they are going to be d***ing around with my bike for a few days not even knowing what the problem is...anybody got any ideas, so i can actually sleep tonight??

DEALERSHIP JUST CALLED ME BACK AND SAID THE PARTS BACK ORDERED 2 MONTHS!!! WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT IT? ITS MY DAILY DRIVER, AND I CANT GO WITHOUT TRANSPORTATION FOR 2 MONTHS? I CALLED THE KAWASAKI CORP. BUT THEY JUST KIND OF GAVE ME THE RUN AROUND AND ALL THAT DUM STUFF, IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN GET A NEW BIKE, AND JUST SAY F THE OLD ONE OR WHAT??? I MEAN IM A 19 YEAR OLD KID SO THEY LAUGH AT ME WHEN I TRY AND TELL THEM TO DO SOMETHING, ANYONE WITH ANY IDEAS???

Old 09-22-2006, 09:30 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: had to take my baby to the shop :(

didnt you just take it in for the infamous 600 mile service? wonder if they jacked it up.

Old 09-22-2006, 09:50 AM

If your talking about the sound that I think you are...when you start it and its the fuel pump or throttle body clicking or whatever it does.....then its the trottle body sensor stuck. It rotates itself and the only way to fix it is replace all the throttle bodys. My bike just did the same thing a week ago. Had the stealship replace the throttle bodys and its all fixed. This is a common problem that I have been hearing about ALOT. Good Luck man!

Old 09-22-2006, 10:29 AM
1st Gear Member

throttle bodys FTL!

Old 09-22-2006, 01:55 PM

man, this throttle body FI problem sh*t is getting old. kawasaki needs to get on this problem asap. i wonder just how many bikes are having problems. it must be alot.

Old 09-22-2006, 05:10 PM

I know personally just in my area at this one shop 8. I called and sent an email to kawasaki.....ya ya, I know its not going to help help but it made me feel a little better ) Oh and its covered under warrenty so make the bastards next day air the parts in!

Old 09-22-2006, 05:38 PM

hello ppl
i have a kawa 636 from april 2006, but i didnĀ“t notice any problem, yet.
sorry my bad english, im from madeira - portugal.
cya

Old 09-22-2006, 06:30 PM

cool, glad you sent em a letter. im making em next day air it and i want em to include some free stuff, like a kawasaki mouse pad.

Old 09-22-2006, 06:41 PM

Mouse pad....HAHA I like that idea! I think if enough of us complain they will at least have to look at the freakin problem. My bike is my daily driver...ex wife took everything else so its a pain in the **** to be without it. They put up a fight to next day air the parts....but i won in the end. I hope anyone that has this problem at least takes the time to email kawasaki about this....

Old 09-22-2006, 07:24 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm curiuos - has anyone taken there ninja in for this problem before it happens. I've had no problems with my bike so far, but I was wondering if I could go ahead and get the fix before it strands me in nowhere land.

Quick Reply: had to take my baby to the shop :( UPDATE!!!GREAT NEWS!!!