Had a fun Kill today...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Default Had a fun Kill today...

So I was behind a newer 6spd z-28 on may way to work. I got beside him and he downshifted and nailed... I just opened the throttle beside him... He pulled me by about a half a car, I started by his door and ended up by his back tire... At the light he madea comment on my "slow" bike... I laughed at him and told him I was in 6th the whole time, which I was. He laughed more and thought I was full of shlt. So I pointed down the road and we waited for it to tur green. When it did, as you can probably guess, I left him there looking stupid...At the next light I sat there waiting for him to pull up next to me, when he finally got there he had his window rolled up (even though the t-tops were down) and wouldn't look at me... Needless to stay I started my shift off at work i na good mood...

Old 05-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Default RE: Had a fun Kill today...

i don't like Camaro's . . . .

Old 05-08-2007, 09:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Z-28s...bah!
my cobra would smoke him. they get upset at me all the time. be interesting to see what chevy has with the new Z-28s.
forced induction is the bomb!

Old 05-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

You have some long a@@ streets between lights if you are running in 6th gear.

ORIGINAL: ryninger

So I was behind a newer 6spd z-28 on may way to work. I got beside him and he downshifted and nailed... I just opened the throttle beside him... He pulled me by about a half a car, I started by his door and ended up by his back tire... At the light he madea comment on my "slow" bike... I laughed at him and told him I was in 6th the whole time, which I was. He laughed more and thought I was full of shlt. So I pointed down the road and we waited for it to tur green. When it did, as you can probably guess, I left him there looking stupid...At the next light I sat there waiting for him to pull up next to me, when he finally got there he had his window rolled up (even though the t-tops were down) and wouldn't look at me... Needless to stay I started my shift off at work i na good mood...

Old 05-08-2007, 01:36 PM

Nah, when I came up on him and went to go around him I was in 6th going like 50.... I usually crusie in a higher gear to keep the pipes quiet and rpm's down... Hell, I've only been running hard enough to be in 6th wot three times...

Old 05-08-2007, 02:55 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Cars are no match for a 600 with a halfway decent rider although I have seen some fast cars. I used to have a 69 Camaro with a pumped up 327 and it was almost as quick as a bike low-end. There are some cars that can keep up or beat a bike on top-end though. The Camaro was rated at 172 mph & the Vette at 190 plus but only a few have the ***** to take them that fast. Most give up around 130. Just be careful when you go that fast.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Rock on I like to screw with them a$$hole$ who think theie soupped up cars are the bomb. Especially the young kids in their Honda's. I let them roll off the line and then when they get a car length on me bye bye. How fast does your $20000 car go. Better stick another $20000 in it to keep up. The best $10000 I have ever spent. Then pop the front tire off the ground as you pass them priceless.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:11 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

I literally ran a circle around a car on my bike; let it pass me thenpassed it on the LH side, got in front and moved over to the RH side, let him pass then got behind and passed him back on the LH and waved ashe disappered in my mirror. I used to do that to Mustangs with my 69Camaro also. (No offense to Mustang owners herebut they ALWAYS want to race me.) Did that once on the way home from work at 2:30 in the morning all the way from SFO across the Bay Bridge to Oakland at 150 plus.That was the fastest I ever got home in a car. Ofcourse that was whenI was younger in the good old days back in the late 80's. Man I miss that Car! One of my co-workers has it here in Texas now.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:02 PM
1st Gear Member

My street driven mustang still have a faster time slip than my bike...

Old 05-08-2007, 05:32 PM
1st Gear Member

My old Talon ran 11.3@130 on street tires. It beat several 600s on the street. That was at 5400ft elevation. My friends Integra GSR ran 11.2@139 and put down several larger bikes from rolls on the street. His current camaro just put down 880rwhp on low boost no n2o and will give most bikes a nice beating. My best friend has a twin turbo 408 C5 vette that does a bit over 1000rwhp. It is way faster then his modded 06 R1.

Bike are quick, but to think you can go beat on any car is far from the truth.

Quick Reply: Had a fun Kill today...