fuel injection light

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 03:58 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member
Default fuel injection light

I'll to make this as short as possible. So I put on the new cam chain tensironer on yesterday. Pulled the bike apart put it on then put everything back on. I took the bike out and rode about 20 miles then got on the gas and the FI light came on. So i pulled over in a parking lot turned the bike off looked everything over then turned the bike back on. No FI light. So i went back to my friends house to I can pull some stuff off the bike and see whats up. The light didnt' come back on untill I got on the gas again near my friends house. So I pull off the seat to see so i can remove the tank and I noticed two of the 3 lines into the tank are switched. There is one like with a blue marker and one with a red marker. The two of them were switched. So I put them back the way they should be and everything else seems fine. I take the bike out and the same thing happens the FI light comes on. I've got it pin pointed to what makes it come on. If I rev the bike past 8k rpm and let off the gas and let the engine break slow the bike as soon as it hits 8k as its deceling the FI comes on. Now if I do the same thing and rev it past 8k and pull the clutch in then slow down with break and let the clutch out when its under 8k rpm no FI light. So its only when I engine break and the rpms hit 8k. Its only at that exact point under those condetions. Any one got any sugestions? My friend said the line has somthing do with vapor and things it will stop after a little while and the fuel that got in there is gone. Any help would be great.

edit
When the FI light is on the bike still feels the same. There is not hestitaion or lack of power at all.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: fuel injection light

i don't know. where does the third line go that is not color coded??

Old 07-09-2007, 04:59 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

I belive that line goes into that charcol box thing on the left side of the box. Its more CA emission stuff.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:44 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

Doea any one know if the bike does something at 8K rpm? I'm just trying to figure out what it could be. Is that when the butterfly's open up? If thats the case maybe for some reason they are being blocked from closing? and throwing the FI light for it? Or could it just be that fuel go into the second line? I'll go and see if I can suck out the gas from the second line or somthing after work.