Frame slider question again...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 05:12 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Frame slider question again...

Since everyone is more knowledgable than I am with the brands, I see most people get the vortex sliders. Are they the best brand? Also when I get my bike, (once i pass my test exam this sunday) i am gonna get a black bike. Sooo, should I go with black frame sliders, or the aluminum..I was thinking the contrast with aluminum sliders on the black bike would look great! but do aluminum hold up as well as the black (hard plastic) ones???? or are the black more durable? any advice would be great!!

Old 10-27-2006, 06:15 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Frame slider question again...

Aluminum sliders are there only for looks man. Or as Evil636 says, to help when models drop your bike. Plastic sliders are not only cheaper to replace, but will take the brunt of the force from impact and disperse it when they grind down. Any type of metal slider will just conduct the force into your bike. Stick with plastics. I bought lockheart phillips ones. Just get some that are made for your bike (basically they just come with the proper hardware, and are the correct lengths for each side.)

Old 10-27-2006, 08:10 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Yes, go with the Plastic or Delrin Sliders. Lockhart Phillips makes a Combo Delrin body with a Aluminum cap and a Carbon cap, so if you want the looks with the function of plastic, they are good also. The caps are replaceable just in case you have to use them as lond as you don't mess them up by grinding them too much.

Old 10-31-2006, 07:35 AM

vortex sliders and pucks, cant beat em, get the no cut style.

Old 10-31-2006, 04:14 PM

Hopefully someone can answer this for me....how do the no cut style mount? Motor mount on right side or not? How about left side of bike?

Old 10-31-2006, 09:54 PM

I have Shogun sliders and had to cut the left side fairing. I just recently dumped it on the right side and the slider held up beautifully.

It's not hard to cut! Just tape and use a dremel. I've seen too many no-cut slider horror stories, screw that possible bending crap.

Oh, yeah and +1 for Delrin (also used for paintball bolts).. but yeah.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:33 PM

I can't remember what brand I had installed on mine, but I had them put on the sliders right off the showroom floor. Took them all of one minute to cut the 1/2 square inch of plastic away. Too be honest, you could almost fit a slider on the left side without cutting, but it would bend the fairing. If you do the cut yourself, just remember to start very small in the amount of fairing you cut, it doesn't take much.

Old 11-05-2006, 06:53 AM

Hopefully someone can answer this for me....how do the no cut style mount? Motor mount on right side or not? How about left side of bike?
both sides mount to the upper motor mount bolt. the left side just has a teardrop shaped bracket so you don't have to cut your fairings.