FATAL CRASH A FEW YARDS FROM MY HOUSE

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 03:00 AM
1st Gear Member
Default FATAL CRASH A FEW YARDS FROM MY HOUSE

BIKES RIDE BY MY HOUSE ALOT AND TODAY MY WIFE CALLED ME AT WORK TO MAKE SURE I WAS OK. A YOUNG MAN JUST PAST MY HOUSE WAS KILLED TODAY WHEN HE TRIED TO PASS A CAR AND HIT A DOT TRUCK BROAD SIDE. I DID NOT KNOW WHO HE WAS BUT A VERY SOBERING MOMENT. HIS SNEAKER IS STILL OUT THERE. I CAN NOT FIGURE OUT WHAT WENT WRONG, ANDTHEY ARE NOT RELEASING THE FULL STORY BUT IT LOOKS LIKE EITHER POOR JUDGEMENT OR THE DOT TRUCK WAS PULLING OFF A ROAD WHERE THEY HAD RECENTLY CLEAR CUT AND DID NOT REALIZE THE BIKES SPEED. PEOPLE GO BY HERE FAST ALL THE TIME. MY HOUSE IS RIGHT AT THE END OF THE SPEED ZONE AND THEN THERE IS A NICE STRAIGHT AWAY THAT LEADS INTO A NICE TWISTY BACK ROAD. I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THAT SAME STRETCH OF ROAD IN EXCESS OF 130 MANY TIMES. MAKES YOU THINK. I GUESS HIS WORRIES ARE OVER HE DIED ON THE WAY TO THE HOSPITAL, BUT I KNOW THERE IS A SAD FAMILY AND FRIENDS SOMEWHERE. I WENT OVER TO THE WRECK SITE TWICE TONIGHT AND IT IS ERIE. EVERYONE BE CAREFUL. REMEMBER SOMEONE YOU LOVE WILL BE MISSING YOU. I AM ATTEMPTING TO POST A LINK TO THE STORY BELOW.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/13789350/detail.html#

Old 08-01-2007, 03:02 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: FATAL CRASH A FEW YARDS FROM MY HOUSE

YOU CAN SEE THE TWO TALL TREES BEYOND THE DOT TRUCK, MY HOUSE IS RIGHT ON THE OTHER SIDE.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:09 AM

[:@][:@][:@]

Old 08-01-2007, 06:47 AM

Man... This is really terrible. I feel so much for this guy and his family. I'm a new rider, and I dont think I'm right with God enough to meet him right now. The end of my life would be a terrible thing right now. I don't care if you guys do or dont believe in God, but instead of praying for myself, I will say a prayer for all of you guys before every ride when I can remember to pray before hopping on the bike. I hope that nothing happens like this to any of us, or anyone for that matter.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks.^^^

Since I have no idea what happened to cause this crash, I can only speculate that either:
a. the DOT truck made a blind left turn in front of the bike, (obviously, considering the truck got hit on the driver side) and the rider didn't have enough time to react
b. The rider was riding like a fool, going way to fast and not looking out for traffic.

What is the posted speed limit? I assume 25 mph? As beat up as that truck looks, I'm putting my bets on speculation b.

When reading things like this, I'm so glad I can learn from other people's mistakes. I've unfortunately read enough of these bad ending stories to know better.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:28 PM
1st Gear Member

The speed limit is 55 where he crashed. i am sure he was exceeding that though from the damage. i hate it for him and his family, but these things happen. ride safe and be aware of your surroundings. i learneda good lesson about speed when i was 18 and owned a 280zx. two seater with straight six - tons of power! owned it less than 48 hours before i totalled it and almost took an old ladies life. i was passing a car over 100mph and she was in front of the car i was passing. she made i left turn the same time i went to pass and t boned her. this was a powerful learning lesson for me and will never forget it. THANK GOD NO ONE WAS KILLED.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:34 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TODJ2002
passing a car over 100mph and she was in front of the car i was passing. she made i left turn the same time i went to pass and t boned her..
i think this is what happened by your house only the dot truck got a little farther out of the way.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

that sux[&o]

Old 08-01-2007, 03:51 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

Its alwasys sad hearing of riders going down. I hear about them WAY to often in northern CA

Old 08-01-2007, 05:04 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't hear of too many riders dieing here locally, but the Internet has an overwhelming number of these stories.

Quick Reply: FATAL CRASH A FEW YARDS FROM MY HOUSE