And down she goes

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Default And down she goes

So, I dropped my bike for the first time today. No major damage happily. I was leaving my apartment this morning and took notice to a girl chasing after her puppy which was chasing me on my bike. Being a nice guy, I figured I'd turn around and track the dog back to her. I slowed down to make a U-turn and half way through the turn, I see the dog running for the front tire... and not thinking, I nailed the front brake instead of the rear. Since I was in a lean, the bike went right to the ground. Guess that's what I get for being nice.

Luckily, I had frame sliders installed, so there was not damage to the bike minus some scrapes on the sliders, the handlebars, and the left side of the engine casing. I don't really care about the sliders and such, but does anyone know a way to maybe buff out some light scratches on the engine case. It's nothing serious, but it pisses me off every time I see it.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: And down she goes

There is nothing more dangerous than looking at girls while you're riding! LOL. The first time I ever had a close call on my bike was because I turned my head for a split second to see some girl running, then BAM! car in front of me suddenly stops, and I'm like "OH S*IT"! MUST STOP!!! []

GIRLS ARE THE BIGGEST DANGER for a biker!!!

Anyway, 3M makes some very coarse buffing compounds. Just go to your local auto parts store, or paint shop. It would be best that you have an electric buffer too.

Old 09-01-2006, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to here it was nothing to serious, the frame sliders are great just replace them and your good to go. CHeck on ebay for the case I got a stator cover for mine and it was about 50.00 shipped.

Old 09-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

I hope she at least thanked you for not running over her dog! Sorry to hear about the bike.

Old 09-01-2006, 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Notstock

Glad to here it was nothing to serious, the frame sliders are great just replace them and your good to go. CHeck on ebay for the case I got a stator cover for mine and it was about 50.00 shipped.
Ah, is that what that piece is called on the left side of the bike? 50 bucks eh? Not too bad. I assume the oil circulates through that part, and being that I need to change my oil anyway, I could kill two birds with one wrench, lol.

As for the girl, she was quite attractive. If I wasn't so damn concerned about my bike, I would've gotten her number. I'll have to stop by for a conversation the next time I see her out. Maybe I'll go for the sympathy vote and claim I injured myself in the process of saving her dog, lol.

Old 09-01-2006, 09:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Ahhh, that sucks man. Don't worry, Karma will be by to repay you someday.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

i would of ran over her dog. unless it was a german shephard or something that would be more then a little bump. i hope you get some out of this because in the end, you still have a scratched bike.

Old 09-02-2006, 01:46 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

No good deed goes unpunished!

I probably would've done the same thing, though. Did you get her number?

Old 09-02-2006, 02:16 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

if i had your bike and it was a german shephard. brapp braaaaap id be over and out

Old 09-02-2006, 02:26 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yep - get that front end up a little bit, there's not much you can't clear. And with the MX boots, nothing's gonna bite through those - of course, you guys have those cool armored gloves that could be used for tenderizing meat ... lol

Quick Reply: And down she goes