custom mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Default custom mirrors

Well its winter here in PA and i cant stop doing stuff to my bike. My next mod is going to be a cool one. Im gonna replace the "mirror" part of my mirrors with TFT LCD screens each on there owm camera. Here is a link to the screens, but i need to find a better camera, One with day/ night operation so it will be street legal.(yes i checked on what would be legal) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Any help or info on a (2)good camera would be great. Also any info on voltage regulators would help. Cause u can run electronics off of the bike batter due to spikes in voltage errrr.

Im still researching this info, but any help will be appricated

Old 02-16-2006, 06:27 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: custom mirrors

whats wrong with the camera that comes with the kit ?

where you mounting the cameras at ?

Old 02-16-2006, 06:36 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

another question being it was your fault i now have a set of pazzo racing levers coming soon. [8D]

how much adjusting did you have to do on the clutch side when you got the lever installed ?

o yeah, thanks for the links ya jerk

Old 02-16-2006, 02:37 PM

as for the cameras, they are not day/night camera and the degree i which they veiw need to be around 200 degrees and they are not even close. I may have to scrap this idea cause the cameras i need are gonna be close to $175 each. Not worth it to me hmmmmm[]

As for mounting them, i had no idea, trial and error was gonna be my moddo. lol

Now Pazzo levers. The clutch side was the "harder" of the 2, if u can call it hard. lol You will just have to wind out the clutch cable about 4-8 turns via the adjust thingy by your lever, remove the old, reuse the old bushings, lube them up with grease, which doesnt come with them,put the cable on the new lever, slide it into the stock location, tighen it all back up, adjust back the thingy 4-8 turns, and take it for a ride for final adjustment. I had to readjust mine. This whole project should take u a whopping half hour. to 45 min And thats with a test ride.

need help or just have a ? hit me with a pm or email

Your welcome a s s. Im sure you wont say that after they are installed lol

Old 02-16-2006, 04:36 PM

Hey, I think we have one of those in the women's rr at work......

Old 02-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Donatello

Hey, I think we have one of those in the women's rr at work......

you sick bastard, e mail me some pics. lol lol

Old 02-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gotrice

as for the cameras, they are not day/night camera and the degree i which they veiw need to be around 200 degrees and they are not even close. I may have to scrap this idea cause the cameras i need are gonna be close to $175 each. Not worth it to me hmmmmm[]

As for mounting them, i had no idea, trial and error was gonna be my moddo. lol

Now Pazzo levers. The clutch side was the "harder" of the 2, if u can call it hard. lol You will just have to wind out the clutch cable about 4-8 turns via the adjust thingy by your lever, remove the old, reuse the old bushings, lube them up with grease, which doesnt come with them,put the cable on the new lever, slide it into the stock location, tighen it all back up, adjust back the thingy 4-8 turns, and take it for a ride for final adjustment. I had to readjust mine. This whole project should take u a whopping half hour. to 45 min And thats with a test ride.

need help or just have a ? hit me with a pm or email

when i get a chance tonight ill check into the cameras i bought for my truck, they had to be a certain degree so i could see behind, around and down to back up to the trailer. i think the camera was only 99 bucks. ill look and if your still interested in doing it ill help the best i can, i might even have a mounting set up youd like if we can find the right camera.

thanks again for the help

Old 02-16-2006, 10:59 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gotrice

Well its winter here in PA...
Yup, it is. Tho, here in central PA it's 60 degrees + the sun is out...

haha

Take some pics when you get ur camaras on =P

Old 02-17-2006, 01:42 AM

Yeah rub it in, my bike is up on stands at the shop and i dont get it back til tomorrow errrrrrrrrrr

Yeah let me know bout the camera. Also is it a day/night camera? what is the lowest recording lumen?

Old 02-17-2006, 04:22 AM

i feel bad for all of you... im in So. Fla and it was 75, perfect riding..

Quick Reply: custom mirrors