Comments on Frame Sliders (PICTURES POSTED)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Default Comments on Frame Sliders (PICTURES POSTED)

What up guys (and girls)? So on Friday Some drunk ******* clipped my rear tire (I was doing 60) and needless to say I laid my baby down once again. Just a side note...maybe we should start a petition that bans all cars from the god damn roads....anyways she got hurt pretty bad. But here's what I want comments on, the past 2 times I have laid it down my damn frame slider on my right hand side has bent to the point it actually bends my motor mount and I have to take out the damn engine to fix this. I have had to many bikes to count and have NEVER had this problem. Anyone else experience this? Oh, they are vortex sliders. Any comments would be nice!

Old 10-11-2006, 07:13 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Comments on Frame Sliders

the only thing i can think of is get some no cut sliders i had a friend lay his down doing 60+ and it bent the slider bracket not the motor mount, so all he needed was a new bracket

Old 10-11-2006, 09:57 PM

When I laid down, all that happened is that the bolt and the vortex base bent a lil on me. I just needed a new bolt, puck, and rotated the bas 180 degrees and all was well...

Old 10-11-2006, 11:09 PM
1st Gear Member

i sure hope the person who hit you will be paying for all your fixes including new frame sliders of your choice and new fairings.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:22 PM

Nope, no insurnace. So ya, Im sure glad I have geico cause without them I would be VERY unhappy. Oh well....Im alive and will ride again. That is all that counts.

Old 10-17-2006, 06:40 PM
1st Gear Member

That sucks man. I think I would be finding out where they live and go on a little easter egg hunt through their garage. As far as my frame sliders they havent bent, twisted, broken, or failed in any way. A lot of it depends on the angle you hit, how hard and how fast.

Old 10-18-2006, 08:06 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

looks like your sliders are working for you though. that is good news. At the moment, I am liking the two point mount no cut sliders. I hate thinking of mounting off an engine mount. There is enough stress there as it is type of deal.

Old 10-18-2006, 04:48 PM

Well they do there job intill they bend so much that it would actually be better to not have them. Well the body shop said its gonna take 5 weeks and 5grand to fix the bike so that is rolling along. I went to my local bike shop and sat on the 06 zx10 and really liked it. I took it out for a drive and well I bought it. So now I have a 06 6 and 06 10 ) I couldnt stand not having a bike for 5 weeks. I got the 10 for 3 grand off MSRP to. I will post pics soon of the wrecked 6 Friday.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:28 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

What!! what color did you chose?

Old 10-23-2006, 06:33 PM

The ugly yellow and black one..but it was cheap and I have a bike to ride!!!! They had a 07 gixxer 750 there I could of got...but I just cant ride anything but a ninja....

Quick Reply: Comments on Frame Sliders (PICTURES POSTED)