Clear Alternatives - not sure if i like

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 11:12 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Clear Alternatives - not sure if i like

I just got in my clear alternatives integrated tail light in clear. hooked it up before splicing the turn signals and couldnt get the break lights to come on so i stopped there and took them off. the reason why i stopped is becuase i noticed a significant difference in the plastic quality and fit of the oem tail light. is this just my imagination or does anyone else notice this? i mean...the fit is not as snug as the stock one. Lines dont line up quite as nice. the edges of the clear plastic arent as polished and thick as oem.

i wanted to ask you guys your opinions before i send this back. the guy i talked to at CA was really cool so i feel kind of bad if i have to send it back. maybe i should snap some comparison pics.

Old 07-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Default RE: Clear Alternatives - not sure if i like

snap some pics and i will see how the fitment of yours compares to the fitment of mine

Old 07-11-2006, 12:40 AM

I know what your mean, mine does not quite line up like stock and I had to really push to get it connected. Having said that I will not be using my bike to win shows, so as long as it looks good at 60 MPH it is good enough for me and it looks a heck of a lot better without the side turn signals. JMO

Old 07-11-2006, 01:23 AM
1st Gear Member

yea i guess i didnt buy them to win a beauty contest. But for $100 i thought they would be a little nicer. i might try to hook them up once more. i just wish they fit straighter. i will snap some pics anyway

Old 07-11-2006, 03:00 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

the fit on the ce compared to stock sucks ***. i think i left out the rubber cussion on the one spot so the light would actually stay up. with it on the little tabs it would let the light fall off the back of the bike. the lines on it where it suppose to flow with the tailsection are horible. but damm the look of a clean tail section are worth all the little problems.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:47 AM

true that i still think it looks a crap load better than having those turn signals flapping around like my bike is on red bull.....lol

Old 07-11-2006, 04:58 AM

yeah mine didnt line up that good. I have a aftermarker undertail too, and the holes do not even come close to lining up. mine still looks good though, even though it justs sitting in there with no screws, but you cant tell at all when the undertail is on there.

Old 07-11-2006, 06:11 AM

yeah throw some pics up!

Old 07-11-2006, 06:16 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

Old 07-11-2006, 06:34 AM

hey evil your exhaust kinda looks like an eye.....<o> i see you lol

Quick Reply: Clear Alternatives - not sure if i like