CHP does not like the Comp Werks FE kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 06:20 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: CHP does not like the Comp Werks FE kit

One guy had me call my work from the shoulder so he could tell him himself instead of giving me a card.
hahaha, that is funny right there! Let me use your radio damit, I am late for work!

Old 01-31-2008, 04:49 AM
1st Gear Member

****Update****
To satisfy the the ole CHP i went with this modification to the Comp Werks FE. it isnt pretty but it works. now to see if mr policeman will sign my fix it ticket.
one other note...i think i will write Comp Werks again. my plate is definately not viewable while riding it. i followed their instructions word for word. The FE works great for the CBR 1000...not the ninja. they need to modify this thing so we get our monies worth. here is a pic. i just drilled holes in the middle of the plate holder and mounted the bottom holes of the plate. the metal was pretty hard to drill thru for such thin metal.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:04 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Can you turn the plate bracket upside downor remount the plate using the lower holes (on the plate). As long as the plate is visible (unobstructed view) from the rear of the bikeat the officers patrol car level, it should be legal. Pull up the vehicle code and look it up/ print it out to show them the next time you get pulled over. Most Cops say it should be at the most rear of the bike so the "Red Light Camera's" can get a good picture when you run the light. I was pulled over because mine was too low in front of the rear tire so I relocated it as high as I could but still under the undertail of my 03. The 05-06 may have a harder time because of the muffler being in the way. You can always get a swingarm mount kit like the Custom Choppers. I have seen some nice tucked in ones that go around the rear brake rotor.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:45 PM
1st Gear Member

the cops here will pull you over for that kind of mount speed, they said the plate has to be mounted horizontally. so i ziptied mine to the pass peg mounting holes, havent had a problem since, even when the hells angels were in town

Old 01-31-2008, 10:04 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daves_636

****Update****
To satisfy the the ole CHP i went with this modification to the Comp Werks FE. it isnt pretty but it works. now to see if mr policeman will sign my fix it ticket.
one other note...i think i will write Comp Werks again. my plate is definately not viewable while riding it. i followed their instructions word for word. The FE works great for the CBR 1000...not the ninja. they need to modify this thing so we get our monies worth. here is a pic. i just drilled holes in the middle of the plate holder and mounted the bottom holes of the plate. the metal was pretty hard to drill thru for such thin metal.

That looks good; that is what I was implying. You may be able tomount the whole braket upside down.Just make sure that it can still be seen once you are on the bike with you weight on it because the bike will squat and the rear tire will may block it especially if you have a Fat Chick on the back.JK.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1485/1FC53B316EC8408DB42A16BCFDDAAB73.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-31-2008, 10:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Look like you need to lean that thing over a little more speed ! j/k how ya been?

Old 01-31-2008, 10:51 PM
1st Gear Member

I wonder how many local California streetbike crews are actually getting away runnin from the hoota every day, I get hassled alot for no reason because of these runners, and to the cops, they love wastin my time they think evryone runs on a streetbike, and my plate is well tucked away too ![:@]

Old 02-01-2008, 01:38 AM
1st Gear Member

i could flip it but then i would have to rework the wiring for the plate lights. i tested it with a friend on it...very visable now. even had him bounce a little. looked good. it does look a little cheesy with all that metal showing...but if it helps keep the man off of me..then i will live with it.
just yesterday some retard on his bike was doing over 100mph running from the cops...a CHP motorcycle cop caught him though. why run?
now to get this thing inspected...i am almost a month past the fix it ticket date. maybe they will cuff me as i walk in the door LOL

Old 02-01-2008, 02:21 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OMalley912

Look like you need to lean that thing over a little more speed ! j/k how ya been?
I've been good; got a great ride in a couple of weeks ago and rode with some liter bikes & ZX14's. Little Red did well against the Big Dogs!I had the smallest bike but it was one of the front runners [8D]There were 3 ZX14's, a ZX9R, aCBR1000RR, a Hayabusa, a VFRand a 675. The guy on the CBR1000RR was the leader of the group and the fastest in that ride group. Little red was behing him. The Hayabusa & 14's were outrageously fast on the straightaways. I saw 170 on my 636 a few times![8D][8D][8D]

That's not my bike in that pic. That's Daves bike although the center of mine looks pretty flat from allthe commuting but the edges are well used; no chicken strips.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:26 AM
1st Gear Member

down here in FL, FHP isnt bad at all. I got pulled over doin 160mph on I295 and got away with 4 tickets.. but didnt go to jail. Going fast is one thing. Being reckless while doing it is another. Just dont be stupid about it and the troopers here are pretty cool.

Quick Reply: CHP does not like the Comp Werks FE kit