CHP does not like the Comp Werks FE kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member
Default CHP does not like the Comp Werks FE kit

was pulled over today by the local friendly neighborhood CHP. he said he could not see my license plate clearly. he also informed me that even if he didnt issue a fix it ticket to me that i would eventually be pulled over again by someone else. he also said that local gangs prefer this method of displaying their plates. kind of sucks because i spent a bundle on this little mod. i do notice the plate is riding a little low compared to other bikes using the same equipment. i think i might write comp werks about this. so anyone thinking about getting one...be aware of what might happen.
http://estore.websitepros.com/1784228/Detail.bok?no=388

Old 10-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: CHP does not like the Comp Werks FE kit

right on bro thanx for the heads up!! being a cali man myself i know the chp can be a little **** sometimes too. where in cali you at?

Old 10-30-2007, 06:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Ha ,I hate the po po,s them ***** f******s thanks I run mine there too... make them b*****s catch ya next time![:-] SUP GHOSTRIDER!!!!![8D]

Old 10-30-2007, 10:34 PM
1st Gear Member

good ole smokey san diego.
he pulled me over in rush hour traffic on the 5 northbound downtown.

ORIGINAL: hoedogg

right on bro thanx for the heads up!! being a cali man myself i know the chp can be a little **** sometimes too. where in cali you at?

Old 10-30-2007, 10:44 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

speaking of smokey how is it down there now?? the news reports have stopped coming.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Two tickets here in cali within a month,( stupid bastards!!!! ) lifes a beach in cali!p.s. over 80plus.....[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:]

Old 10-30-2007, 11:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Got two tickets over 80 in the antelop valley thanks CHP you guys are great THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!![:@]

Old 10-31-2007, 01:48 AM
1st Gear Member

everything is back to normal. no ash floating around like last week...curious how dirty my airfilter is. in 2003 my car filter was filthy

ORIGINAL: hoedogg

speaking of smokey how is it down there now?? the news reports have stopped coming.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:51 AM
1st Gear Member

well to make things even stranger....i was on the same freeway entrance today on way home...same time...and a san diego police car was behind me again! man! he stayed behind me for about 30 seconds then sped off. no pullover this time. go figure. i might just drive my car for a few days...
i got an email back from Comp Werks. here is their reply. i think i am going to do some creative metalwork and see if i can get it to ride higher. i like this FE a lot. maybe i will pass the fix it inspection.

Dave, sorry for the issues...... it really hasn't been a prob anywhere except Cal. But, with the reputation sportbikers are getting police are looking for reasons to pull us over. Thats why we started making two versions per bike. Just to give people a choice. The law states the plate must be visible from the rear and illuminated. We feel all our kits meet these requirements (some better than others) but it's really up to the officer. As to what he deems "visible". Thanks for your input.
Shawn

ORIGINAL: TORA

Got two tickets over 80 in the antelop valley thanks CHP you guys are great THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!![:@]

Old 10-31-2007, 03:24 AM
1st Gear Member

I hate to say it but he may have just been trying to test you on the freeway. I've been in situations where they "help me out" by not issuing a ticket, but they're damned sure quick about making me hop off my bike, license and reg w/insurance in hand before I even get a chance to turn my ignition off. I'm in an area that's full of a bunch of idiots who think it's cool to run from cops, so it almost feels like I get lit up just to see if I'll run. Generally if you've done nothing really wrong, and are straight forward, and remember your manners, they'll bounce without BS. We've got our fair share of dicks who used to repeatedly pull over my XR650L at night (factory street legal) and tell me I'm breaking the law riding a dirt bike with stolen plates etc etc. Then they run it, make some happy story about "local motorcycle group problems" or "trouble kids" and send me on my happy way. It's BS but it could be worse, I haven't been beat up, or assaulted by cops... and **** it's their job so as long as they're professioal (and give me a business card incase I'm on my way to work and need to explain myself) then it's all good.

Not to steal from the topic, but I know we have some LEOs here, why's it such a big deal to give me a business card (****, even one of those old D.A.R.E. baseball cards, ANYTHING!) if you pulled me over with no warnings/tickets so I can let my boss know I'm running late. One guy had me call my work from the shoulder so he could tell him himself instead of giving me a card.

Quick Reply: CHP does not like the Comp Werks FE kit