chain lube to cure a squeaky front wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Default chain lube to cure a squeaky front wheel?

my front wheel squeaks hella when coming to a stop, it's not the breaks because it's squeaks without break pressure. would squirting some chain lube around the front tire to keep everything slick be a good idea?

Old 06-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: chain lube to cure a squeaky front wheel?

may be bearings are going bad or in need of repacking.

Old 06-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

take you wheel off and inspect the bearings and replace or regrease them. dont try to half *** you way out of something like that. it could be nothing, but it could be something that can put you in alot of danger.

Old 06-19-2006, 07:36 PM

no i wouldnt spray them. i would DEF inspect them bc if those bearings have got dirt in them and happen to lock up, thats ur ***. now is your *** worth being lazy?

Old 06-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

yep what they said..........[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 06-19-2006, 09:00 PM

thanks guys, i'm gonna check it out. just got it two months ago brand new... must be some dust or something

Old 06-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: taystyl

thanks guys, i'm gonna check it out. just got it two months ago brand new... must be some dust or something
or something could be bad bearing, Warranty! take her in and do not leave with out it not skeaking and the old parts. Treat the dealer like the IRS, do not trust them.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:19 PM

Thats a big ten four!!!!!!

Old 07-01-2006, 08:22 PM

I happen to own and ride a zx-6r. I also happen to be the service manager at a dealership. The whole mind set of the dealership is the enemy is why dealerships dont want to go out of their way to help you guys. Let them diagnose your issues, give them time because they do have 100's of other customers to tend to. The more you want to not Trust them and treat them "like the IRS" is not helping you at all. And no you can not just regrease your bearings. Almost every motorcycle from 20 yrs ago has sealed bearings, so thats really no use and quite ridiculous. Now to stop the squeeking spray an abundant amount of chain lube directly on your brake rotors and pads. Should put a stop to that squeek pretty fast, may possibly hinder the stopping power though. Have a super day...GO "STEALERSHIPS"

Old 07-02-2006, 03:14 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

hef, dont get bent because we encourage folks to work on their own bikes. if the dealerships wouldnt charge an ungodly amount for doing the least work possible, then they may have a better chance of obtaining more business. i however do not like taking my bike to the dealership for anything and i have not for years. now that im older, i will probley let the dealership do my valves, not because i cant, but because i dont feel like it.

Quick Reply: chain lube to cure a squeaky front wheel?