Blew And Almost Went Down

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 05:17 AM
Default Blew And Almost Went Down

So I am on a 3 lane freeway doing 70 MPH on my 2007 ZX-6R with cars all around me.

All of a sudden out of nowhere I hear a horrible metal slapping sound and at the same instant the bike locks causing my head to whip violently. My neck popped so hard from the whipping I not only felt it I heard it. Now it’s jacked.

I struggled to get the bike pulled over as the cars around me are skidding, honking and swerving to avoid me.

It appears the motor blew and it looks and sounds like the top end issue we are hearing so much about but the dealers claim does not exist.

All this even after I previously had the dealer check it out and was told there is no tech bulletin, no recall so there is no top end valve issue and kawi’s are known to be loud.

I am having it towed to the one and only good Kawi dealer. Plus the service manager is outstanding and he just so happens to run a 2007 ZX-6R on the track and he rips.

The ****ty part is the bike only had 700 miles on it and was not even beat on and was very well maintained.

I will post up how things play out. I decided to retain a Lemon Law & personal injury Lawyer to help me out as this is completely unacceptable and someone is going to get hurt.

Those of you with 07’s please be very careful out there as I came very close to loosing it and getting run over. If not for my quick pulling of the clutch lever and the guy behind me swerving hard I am not sure I would be posting this.

The sick part is a simple tech bulletin would have prevented this from occurring.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:12 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Blew And Almost Went Down

Glad your alive man. Keep us informed

Old 07-15-2007, 06:35 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Some Beech! Nice day actually. That sucks. Glad that you are writing. am curious to see what caused the issue.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Damn! That blows. Let us know what the problem is. If it was FN writing this, I would've figured his little midget fell off, and got caught in the rear spokes.

Seriously though, glad you got through it in one piece.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:07 AM
1st Gear Member

glad your OK .

Old 07-15-2007, 09:32 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Wow! Really glad you're okay! I told my friend who will be endurance racing his 07 about this problem with the bikes. He is going to be on the lookout for it. Team Kawasaki (Roger Lee Hayden had one blow on him this year too.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:02 PM

Thanks and I will keep you all posted.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:48 PM

Thanks for that info. Kawasaki really needs to get on top of this and start getting the word out to these shops before someone gets hurt really bad out there. Glad you made a safe stop and weren't hurt!

Old 07-16-2007, 06:16 PM

Glad you're o.k., raider, as you pointed out, someone is going to die and then maybe Kawasaki will do something after losing a 660 million dollar liable suit. I hope not though.

Old 07-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

F-ing A, glad you made it.

Quick Reply: Blew And Almost Went Down