best gas for 636s????

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 05:52 PM
1st Gear Member
Default best gas for 636s????

im new to the game as u all know so what gas stations have the best gas for bikes not octane becuz i plan on putting 93 premium for sure but have you guys noticed a difference in ne of the gas at different franchises....citgo, chevron, exxon, texeco, etc...im not sure where every1 is located im pretty sure that yall have different stations in all parts of the us thanks alot guys

Old 07-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Default RE: best gas for 636s????

Its funny because this questions has been brought up so many times just on the Evo Forums. From what guys say and what I've experienced personally is I like Shell and Sunoco. Most of the other gas stations get their gas from the same refineries. eg.. Exxon & Mobil... Same company. I only have Shell here locally and even that is a drive to get too. I know our local Conoco station has tank problems, something about their tanks get water in their gas. I know a few people had to replace pumps in their cars due to this. I usually fill up at the local Mobil station, but I can feel a slight difference in the Shell gas over the others. Then again we have poopy 91oct and not the 93 .

Old 07-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

i use shell gas

Old 07-10-2007, 06:16 PM
1st Gear Member

My dad used to own a gas station so I have a little knowledge about this. Basically all gas comes from the same huge *** kallion gallon tank. The difference is in the additives each company puts into the gas after it comes out of that huge tank. The better gas (i.e. mobil, shell, sunoco) gets to pump out their gast first compared to the cheapo joe-smoe gas stations. So the crap gas stations get all the sediments and nasty stuff thats left in the bottom of the huge tank.

Not that that explanation helps you but just a little info for you. I always put in Exxon/Mobil because I've been by many gas station owners, mechanics and other "smart" people say it's some of the best gas.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:17 PM
1st Gear Member

sorry to hear no 93 gas but i dont think we have a sunoco but im goin to go to their website and find out if we have one so shell gas supposed to be good i guess wheni need to fill up i will check that out......ne body else have suggestions im in dallas tx by the way

Old 07-10-2007, 06:47 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

No 93 here. When I was into DSM's and EVO's I remember reading an acticle Shiv (Vishnu) did with the diffrent gas brands. he would take the same car put gas in it run it on the dyno then drain the gas let the car cool and do it again with diffrent brand gas. What he found was the gas that had the least amount of ping (detenation) sorry my spelling sucks was 76 followed by chevron then shell. There was much diffrence but from what he found out was 76 was a little better then the rest. It was closest to the octane rating they state. In other words less amount of additives for more pure gas.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:02 PM

ORIGINAL: aszrael1266

No 93 here. When I was into DSM's and EVO's I remember reading an acticle Shiv (Vishnu) did with the diffrent gas brands. he would take the same car put gas in it run it on the dyno then drain the gas let the car cool and do it again with diffrent brand gas. What he found was the gas that had the least amount of ping (detenation) sorry my spelling sucks was 76 followed by chevron then shell. There was much diffrence but from what he found out was 76 was a little better then the rest. It was closest to the octane rating they state. In other words less amount of additives for more pure gas.
You're right it was 76 he found was more accurate to their oct rating. Shiv is the man when it came to the dyno *****. I loved the XEDE and am looking into another evo and will be going with his upgrade path in the future.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:05 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

He shop is like 40 or so min from where I live. I want an Evo really bad but not enough cash for one. Plus the bike gives me all the speed fixs i need.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:23 PM

Oh yea? Vishnu is awesome. I had a 02 OZ Lancer and sold it to a friend that put a RRM turbo kit, that thing would smoke WRX's like nothing. I had an 2003 VIII, but totalled her . I looked at the 9's but insurance wouldn't allow it at the time, so I settled for a 2005 Tacoma. I'm going to wait and see how the X's work out and maybe look into those their second year. We'll see though. The bike fixed a lot of my speed cravings for sure.

Ok so back on topic. 76, Shell, Mobil/Exxon, and Sunoco are the good gas.

Old 07-10-2007, 08:34 PM
1st Gear Member

what is 76 gas is that a gas station ???

ok nevermind i went to there website i dont thinkwe have 76s down here but we have conoco and philips 66 i guess they are all the same

Quick Reply: best gas for 636s????