best brand sliders?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 05:17 AM
Default best brand sliders?

still not sure if i wanna get black ones or the polished/chrome ones.... but what is the best brand ones to get?

Im picking my bike up tomorrow and want to put a set on ASAP.

Im getting the full kit... frame, swingarm, and bar sliders.

ive found a few sets on ebay, brand is Shogun.. any word on these? what about other brands?

and is what ive read right... for the frame sliders, the ones you actually have to do some modifications with mouting them... as far as the fairings, are actually better than a non mod. set right? is that because the non mod ones are weaker and prone to snapping off if something DOES happen or what?

Thanks guys, really excited to learn more about these bikes and riding in general as this is my 1st bike

Old 04-28-2006, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: best brand sliders?

Welcome,
Stay away from the billet, chrome or any metal slider, they don’t slide. More like grip and snap.

Get nylon or derlin type, I have show guns on my R1 and to be honest think they are a little short. I would look at vortex, the have removable pucks, the part that slides and gets messed up, and you can easily change pucks. I had them before but they were damaged, I had the billet ones, and they no longer make them for the 00 R1.

What ever brand you pick get the ones that require cutting the fairing, it is easy to do with a dremile or dremol, what ever and they are the strongest. The no cut ones have a tendency to snap off even if they are nylon ones.

Good luck with the new bike, the frame sliders are a good 1st mod.

Ask your dealer to help you set the sag on your suspension or get it done as soon as possible. Here are a couple of links that help explain it;
http://www.triumphnet.com/st/acc/racetech/setup.htm
http://www.roadracinghelp.com/TechAr..._sag_setup.htm

Later.

Old 04-28-2006, 05:33 AM

I have the vortex, and have found out they are worth their weight in gold. I highly recommend them, as do my plastics...

Old 04-28-2006, 05:50 AM

thanks for the quick replys.

i will def look into the vortex ones, any good sites to get them from cheap? like i said i wanna go with the full set.. frame, swingarm, and bar sliders. can never be to safe right?

also what exactly do you mean by "pucks"? is that the little end caps that come on some sliders ive seen? are those removable if you dont like the look of them? and if so will that mess up the length of the sliders or strength of them?

thanks for the advice on setting my sag... def. didnt know anything about that before now. Is this something that my dealer should do free when i pick my bike up tomorrow or should i expect to pay for it? how long does setting it up usualy take?

sorry again for being such a noob... i hate it lol. Ive been into cars (mustangs) for years and years and could tell you pretty much anything.. but when it comes to bikes this is a whole new world to me and it feels weird learning about something new all over again.

edit - oh also.. what year sliders, or hell even parts in general for the most part.. are interchangable? just the 05's and 06's or what?

Old 04-28-2006, 05:51 AM

i had some pro impact no cut on mine...and the no cut bracket bent when i went down....stick with the ones that require the mod. to the fairing.....i have replaced my pro impacts with the vortex ones...they seem to be pretty good

Old 04-28-2006, 05:58 AM

these are what the pucks look like link and they are sold individually....also here is what the slider bases look like link

Old 04-28-2006, 06:08 AM

ORIGINAL: frrogger1

these are what the pucks look like link and they are sold individually....also here is what the slider bases look like link
ah ok thanks!. so gotta buy them seperate.... hm i wonder if those silver ones actually look good or look like a cheap chrome spray painted version lol..... probably just go with the black ones.

vortex sell swingarm and bar end sliders to right? still trying to do a search on google for a good place to find them.

thanks so far guys.

Old 04-28-2006, 06:10 AM

ORIGINAL: stylin97

ORIGINAL: frrogger1

ah ok thanks!. so gotta buy them seperate.... hm i wonder if those silver ones actually look good or look like a cheap chrome spray painted version lol..... probably just go with the black ones.

vortex sell swingarm and bar end sliders to right? still trying to do a search on google for a good place to find them.

thanks so far guys.
i know the crome ones look pretty nice..i got my bases at the dealer and they had some of the crome pucks in and they didnt look to bad but i wanted to stick with the black pucks.....as far as swingarm and bar end sliders i am pretty sure they make some...i will look in a min for some sites for you

Old 04-28-2006, 06:12 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

here is your choices in motion.

01. black vortex sliders

02. aluminum vortex pucks (used only for bling effect)

Old 04-28-2006, 06:14 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stylin97

thanks so far guys.
get the black ones, what if the bike fals and the chrome ones get all scratched? haha They are there to help in a fall, not to raise your bling level.

Yes vortex sells the swingarm and bar sliders.
www.kneedraggers.com
www.imotorcyclestore.com

^ i kno KD has vortex stuff...

Quick Reply: best brand sliders?