636 Engine upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 08:42 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 636 Engine upgrade

Yeah i was thinking maybe Cams, headgasket and some head work done.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:18 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kohburn

or a stroker with nitrous
i betcha she will make some power then

Old 02-01-2008, 11:43 PM

I understand they make bigger cc bikes, I would buy one of those if I was doing this purely for more power, but what fun is that? I want a little more power out of the stock engine and keep stock appearances. I like the 600 frame and how it handles and I like doing custom work to the things I own...I also understand that this will cost a lot of money. I didn't go in to a project like this trying to save pennies, I want it done right. So any more info bout the kit I heard about?

Old 02-01-2008, 11:45 PM
1st Gear Member

i havent found a stoker kit that doesnt need bored and replated. if anyone knows of one i would be extrealy interested

Old 02-01-2008, 11:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Cheesesteak

I understand they make bigger cc bikes, I would buy one of those if I was doing this purely for more power, but what fun is that? I want a little more power out of the stock engine and keep stock appearances. I like the 600 frame and how it handles and I like doing custom work to the things I own...I also understand that this will cost a lot of money. I didn't go in to a project like this trying to save pennies, I want it done right. So any more info bout the kit I heard about?
Fair enough. Let me apologize for being a cheap bastard

http://www.bluestreakracing.ca/blues...rts/index.html
I have raced with this guy before. Very solid fellow, quite the gentleman to do buisness with. He might have, or have access to more kit parts then are listed there. Tell him Doug Marks from Shannonville sent you.
If you're getting into cams and degreeing them, i would suggest aquiring the kit ecu. I'm sure that there is power to be made in the ignition curve once you goto new cam lift & timing. Kit head gasket should be good for atleast a hp.
I recall hearing about the formula extreme bikes making around 140rwhp. To get to that point those guys are throwing the kitchen sink at the motor and feeding it vp u4. Speaking of that... i have heard that U4 with an exhaust, mapping, and jumper mod will net you around 125rwhp

Old 02-02-2008, 04:06 PM
1st Gear Member

my bike made 120.8 on u4 race gas, mods done to the bike is pc111 with a custom map, exhaust, k&n filter with airbox mod

Old 02-02-2008, 04:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Cool doing an oversize piston setup, but personally I like porting and polishing it can have almost the same effect, sometimes a little less money for this..

Old 02-02-2008, 05:04 PM

You won't get much more out of the ports on that bike. They look pretty good already. You definately won't get anymore power out of polishing anything. Maybe an expoxy job.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hmm, I tend to agree with not polishing ports as a first choice. Epoxy/welding and then fine tuning takes time and money. The overbore was a quick google search that I did. I have not played with the 6r yet and by the questions asked, I can gain some knowledge from responses and looking things up. I do know this though, I bored the 7 over at .5mm pistons, close to the stock cam degree and it ran good. The 06 10r is running good with the khi ecu piggy backed pc3 for the time being with a stock cam being degreed. No head work done. Not sure on a big bore kit for the 6r to 700cc's just yet.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TORA

Cool doing an oversize piston setup, but personally I like porting and polishing it can have almost the same effect, sometimes a little less money for this..
Read the porting articles onwww.mototuneusa.com .

Quick Reply: 636 Engine upgrade