05 Streetfighter build

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 05:25 PM
1st Gear Member

cool nice build there rarkiller

Old 01-14-2009, 05:48 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

rat, was that you that sent me the top clamp for drilling a fat bar kit ? i just did this for someone but powdercoated it black. looked bad ***. someone up north.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:34 PM
1st Gear Member

hey i have a 98 zx6e and i want to do a streetfighting front end on mine also... were did you find that headlight and plastics? looks good!

Old 01-14-2009, 03:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by evil636
rat, was that you that sent me the top clamp for drilling a fat bar kit ? i just did this for someone but powdercoated it black. looked bad ***. someone up north.

Nope, wasn't me. I used the exsisting holes, no need to drill the top clam on an 05-06. But I did have to support/level it from underneath, so the nuts holding down the raiser would sit flat.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SproketRocket
hey i have a 98 zx6e and i want to do a streetfighting front end on mine also... were did you find that headlight and plastics? looks good!

The headlight I found on ebay; search "streetfighter". There are many different kinds on the net if you search around. They are mainly designed for dirt bikes. Another good search word would be "supermoto headlight". Also try the links from customfighters.com, they gave me all sorts of ideas.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hey rat CHECK YOUR PM'S you nom'ed for botm. you need to accept.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ratkiller
The headlight I found on ebay; search "streetfighter". There are many different kinds on the net if you search around. They are mainly designed for dirt bikes. Another good search word would be "supermoto headlight". Also try the links from customfighters.com, they gave me all sorts of ideas.
hey thanks alot bud i just found the perfect one for my bike on ebay! never thought to look on there

Old 01-14-2009, 08:50 PM
1st Gear Member

No problem. Don't settle either, if you found the perfect one cool, but there are tons of styles to choose from. But most of them are expensive.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:53 PM
1st Gear Member

oh yea well ive looked at a bunch and the one i wanna get is like 35 plus shipping is like 15 so 50ish isnt bad... its carbin fiber and has turn signals so i can use them... but im going to smoke them so it looks just like theres a headlight... but i do have another question for you... will i need to take my gauges off? i dont have the digital like the newer bikes and mine sticks out pretty far... im pretty sure i do but did you have to also?

Old 01-26-2009, 04:19 PM
1st Gear Member

I would love to see that fairing, sounds pretty cool w/ the carbonfiber.

As for the guages, I don't know what year you have but for the 05 and newer they are small compared to other manuafactures guage pods. So I was able to use a "L" bracket and run it from the rightside bar raiser, under the triple clamp, to the backside of the guage pod. Unfortunitly it still does not fit behind the fairing, as you can see in the pictures, it sits on top, and sticks out about 2 inches. When I have the cash I'm going to get this set-up:
https://www.europeanstreetfighter.co...=product&ID=21
With this:
https://www.europeanstreetfighter.co...product&ID=194

To tell you the truth you don't really need a guage pod. Most streetfighters don't have them. But I personally need and like having the idiot lights.

Quick Reply: 05 Streetfighter build