05 Fender Eliminator

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 05 Fender Eliminator

I always use my hand signals along with my blinker if there is someone behind me.. better safe then sorry

the flush mount and short stalk blinkers are just not enough for the average cager to see... never mine the integrated lights.. you cant see them for crap in the day..

Old 06-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: onewheel

I always use my hand signals along with my blinker if there is someone behind me.. better safe then sorry

the flush mount and short stalk blinkers are just not enough for the average cager to see... never mine the integrated lights.. you cant see them for crap in the day..
I've been doing the same thing when I've got someone behind me, people around here seem to want to get up close and personal with other vehicles, including bikes and cars, for some reason.

Old 06-07-2005, 04:03 AM

Thanks man! I bought my 05' R6 a few months ago and have been wanting to get rid of that fender from day 1, but didn't want to drop the $120 for a kit. After reading your post I went out, got the brackets and put em on! Thanks for the pictures, they really helped!! I couldn't find any brackets with the extra 90' bend in them to attatch the light, but they were easy enough to bend with a vice and hammer.

I've been interested in putting flush mount lights on it. Can anyone recommend a good set of lights, or a good internet site to find them. Are they hard to install?

Old 06-07-2005, 04:15 AM

I should have mentioned that I put that extra bend in there for my lights...theres alot of places on the internet that sells flush mount lights, it comes down to the style that you like. eBay has tons of them, I like using eBay because you can find all the manufactures in one spot and you can get them at a good price too.

Old 06-07-2005, 09:19 AM

hey man didnt you know that yamaha riders arent allowed in here.......lol....just kidding....try fendereliminators.net I just bought a combo kit from them......flush mount fronts and rears and tail kit......

Old 06-07-2005, 07:25 PM

Wooops, I meant ZX-6R, not R6, how embarrasing! lol I have been looking at fendereliminators.net but can you even see those LED lights during the day? I think I'll do some checking to see if there are any lights on Ebay.

How do you know if the lights you are looking at are compatible with your bike?

Remo - You have frame sliders on your bike? What type and how hard were they to put on? Did you have to cut the fairing? Any pics of the frame slider?

Old 06-07-2005, 07:31 PM

burninout I did a post on that too, here's the link Slider post

As far as the led lights go, my buddy has them on his bike and you cannot see them in the daytime hours. Add the fact that they are so small, they are only good for night time riding in my opinion. Most of them are a unversal fit to them anyway, they use a 1/4" hole, if anything you will have to get a blocking plate to take up the extra space from the stock lights.

Old 06-30-2005, 09:36 AM

I am workin on getting rid of my feander like you did, couple questions. Is there a easy way to remove the fender from the license plate light? Do I have to just cut the wires? And what did you do with the bracket that had the red reflectors and hooks on? Other then that I think im set and its gonna look way better along with not costing 100 plus dollars. Thanx

Old 06-30-2005, 09:39 PM

Is there a easy way to remove the fender from the license plate light?
The light is just screwed in with two screws, I just so happened to have shorty ones then stock to use for my brackets.

Do I have to just cut the wires?
No, cause you need everything so you can still use them.

And what did you do with the bracket that had the red reflectors and hooks on?
It's still used, it you look at the close up pic, you can just see a part of the hook at the edge of the pic. I took off the rubber spacer and the metal sleeve that was in the plastic fender to make up the gap on the studs. I cut off the tabs that the reflectors was on and just have the reflectors on my plate.

I covered the light wire with a loom to clean it up a little and you have to turn the license plate bracket upside down to make room for the plate light wires.