Solo Seat Cowl / Parts Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Default Solo Seat Cowl / Parts Question

Hey everyone,

I am just trying to find out what it is that you guys are wanting. We started doing solo seat cowls for the katana's, and that was because there was a want for a part that looked like pictured below, to make the full seat look like a single seat. Does anyone sell, or would anyone want someone to sell the "solo look", not just a rear cap? (I attached a picture of the concept, which is on a katana) These are in ABS Plastic by the way (Just like stock parts) Or are there different styles you guys would like to see? Please post pictures and requests.

www.cowltech.com

Also are there any other parts that people are looking for in ABS plastic? Let me know your thoughts so I can see what can be done. This is your opportunity to let me know what you guys are looking for, and if someone already makes it but you are looking to get it in ABS or Carbon Fiber, I can help. Thanks!

I am not advertising a product, I am trying to find out what "you guys" are looking for. Thankyou

Old 04-08-2008, 02:57 AM
Default RE: Solo Seat Cowl / Parts Question

Idont mean to steal this sites thunder but i havent read too many posts about cowls and seats in this forum. However, on another site that I am on, there are countless threads on cowl/seating options. If I was you, I would post this up at: http://www.ninja650.com/phpbbunder the accessories forum.
There are multiple threads of people trying to make their own cowls and custom seating options. You will probably get a better response over there. just my 2 cents....

Old 04-08-2008, 03:07 AM

Thanks I appreciate it, is there a request for this style cowl for your car?

Old 04-09-2008, 05:05 PM

I'm awaiting for a reply to join the other forum, but here is a photoshop version of your cowl. Let me know the consensus. Thanks! Hope you guys like
Name:  BlackLower2copy.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  111.3 KB

Old 04-10-2008, 02:45 AM
1st Gear Member

That looks like Longbrake's seat cowl that he made for his, just alittle shorter.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:38 AM

to join the other forum u have to send an email.... heres whats posted in the FAQ

Since we are trying to keep the spammers away.
E-mail Kim
mherlee@yahoo.com or myself moto317@bellsouth.net
Before you register. Giving us you requested screen name.
That way, we can get you registered right away.
Thanks.

PS: This e-mail is set up for registration only.
My regular account is blueridgeperformance at gmail.com

Old 04-11-2008, 08:43 AM

how much you charging for them? and do they come painted?

Old 04-14-2008, 07:27 PM

We are doing an introductory offer right now, first 10 buyers get it for $159 free shipping. After that it will go back to 159 plus ship. Thanks and let us know, and thankyou about letting us know about the other forum. What do you think about the style?!

Old 04-15-2008, 11:29 PM

I like the style. I like the fact it covers the whole rear not just the seat pad. The price is about right but I would like to see a real production model, not a photo shop mock up before I'd buy it. I think most people are looking for something close to the new rear of the 08 ninja 250's

Old 04-15-2008, 11:35 PM

So us a picture, and unfortunately until we go into production we will not have a real picture until we fit it onto a bike, but we do test fit and this is how we are able to make the mold. Thanks and let us know

Quick Reply: Solo Seat Cowl / Parts Question