I want sport handle bars, HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Default I want sport handle bars, HELP!!

I have the stock bars on my 08' 650 and i want to put a new bar or bars on that will give me more of a lean like the zx-6 or zx-10, ive tried clip-ons but they didnt work... any suggestions or ideas on what i could do?

Old 07-08-2009, 05:06 PM
1st Gear Member

www.Ninja650Shop.com

Check out their Sport Bars!!!

Old 07-09-2009, 05:23 PM

Thanks ill check it out, appreciate it

Old 07-14-2009, 06:01 AM
1st Gear Member

The ninja650 shop sport bars are probably the best for a true supersport feel but they're expensive as hell and have zero adjustability. The coerce bars are nice as are some of the LSL bars that BRP carries, http://blueridgeperformance.net/brpbars.html

Old 07-15-2009, 03:25 AM

is this ninja650 shop website a legit website or is it a scam? i havent heard too much about it until here, i just want to make sure im not getting screwed over on money... when u guys ordered ur parts did it arrive on time?

Old 07-15-2009, 06:38 AM
1st Gear Member

It's legit. I've ordered a few things from them and they all arrived promptly and the customer service was great. They sponsor these forums; http://riderforums.com/

Scroll down to the ninja 650 forum and any questions you may have will be answered in detail.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:32 PM
1st Gear Member

For anyone interested. I've been banned from riderforums for posting incorrect information. This from a small minded moderator who is a mediocre rider from the quality of his posts, who isn't prepared to argue his case - usually because it's unarguable, and who apparently likes to run his own little domain for his own benefit.

Everything I post can be supported by argument and by the UK police rider training manual, Motorcycle Roadcraft.

Rob

Old 07-17-2009, 06:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by williamr
For anyone interested. I've been banned from riderforums for posting incorrect information. This from a small minded moderator who is a mediocre rider from the quality of his posts, who isn't prepared to argue his case - usually because it's unarguable, and who apparently likes to run his own little domain for his own benefit.

Everything I post can be supported by argument and by the UK police rider training manual, Motorcycle Roadcraft.

Rob
Damn that sucks, you had thousands of posts over there. Is it a permanent or temporary ban? If it's permanent he must have not liked you for some time. You may be able to sweet talk your way back in if you want. If not, give him the finger and move on, there are plenty of other boards.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:42 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Don't worry Rob, there are alot of us small minded moderators running around to make you feel all comfy. lol

what was the verdict on the bars to use?

Old 07-17-2009, 02:19 PM
1st Gear Member

I've had issues before with Martin - he hates being challenged.

This time it's permanent - although it's easy enough to get back in.

I've done that just to announce my ban - he doesn't have the moral courage to stand by his own actions and tell the forum what he's done - but it'll perhaps have to wait a while because there's a technical issue with new members.

It's his stated reason that's annoyed me. If he believes it he's thick (very possible). If he doesn't, he's a hypocritical little turd.

Bars - a very personal issue. I don't like sports bars because they make my wrists ache on long trips and they compromise control in traffic. For normal riding I like a drag style bar as long as it's shaped right at the ends - a slight downward tilt and a bend back towards the tank. Sit on the bike, hold your arms out and see the line that your wrists fall into naturally. Euro bars, if that's what they're called, seem pretty good. The normal drag bars are too straight. With a tank bag to reach around the stock bars are probably as good as anything, so that's what I've got.

Rob

Quick Reply: I want sport handle bars, HELP!!