Looking at buying an '05, need some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 10:34 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Looking at buying an '05, need some advice...

I was in the killbot factory (duh Army) for more than 7years, so I know that any scumbag can get any job, just so long as he does not act like a scumbag while in uniform. Good luck with the bike if you get it.
Peace!
-CCinC

Old 11-17-2007, 04:09 PM

Last edited by Daniszeman; 05-16-2016 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:51 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: praetorian

Alrighty a co-worker if mine is looking to sell his '05. It has 800 miles on it (with records of the 600mile service). He just needs the loan payed off so its going for $3K. It not been dropped or anything. Is this a good deal? Also is there anything that i should be carefull of when i buy it?
So what do you do when you are not in the honor guard??? It sounds like a great deal to me...just check the bluebook value...have you taken the MSF course??? Or how about the AMC Sportbike Course??? Travis AFB has made it mandatory now...I believe there are 2 instructors up your way...DG has family up that way too...good luck and welcome to the forums!!!

Old 11-18-2007, 10:40 PM

Im a sheetmetal guy when im away from HG. Anyway im going to go for it, just need to get cash in order. As far as my MSF goes, i have not taken one yet. I dont plan on taking it untill March after i seperate and am up in Bellingham WA.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:01 AM

ya ha for sure, iam in stanwood which is north of marysville in washington, and i know what you mean we dont get one SUNNY DRY day till late spring

Old 11-19-2007, 05:16 PM

Yeah the 500 will be my only wheels for a wile so riding up in B-ham should be interesting. Im going to need some hardcore warm stuff[8D]

Old 11-19-2007, 05:40 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: calamarichris

I was in the killbot factory (duh Army) for more than 7years, so I know that any scumbag can get any job, just so long as he does not act like a scumbag while in uniform. Good luck with the bike if you get it.
Peace!
-CCinC
Gggggrrrrr!!!![:@]

....but he is right, as usual, on the bike...good luck with the purchase

Old 11-19-2007, 07:18 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

You should consider taking the MSF course while you're still in uniform. In addition to a likely military discount, your base may have free MSF courses available. I took it in '93 at Fort Carson, CO and the instructor was a funny guy.

"Due to their superior braking, acceleration and handling capabilities, motorcycles are the safest vehicles on the road today...
[Pause for effect]
...UP TO the point of impact."

Peace!
-CCinC

Old 11-19-2007, 07:29 PM

Well the idea was to take the course then have base safety re-emberse me. But since my truck took a dump im being a bum when it comes to getting rides. So that kinda killed that idea. And im so dead set on getting the bike i didnt feel like have the head milled back true on my Isuzu. That can be done this summer after im moved and i have the bike...

Old 11-19-2007, 08:29 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 on the Msf course on-post, it really opened my eyes as a newb to riding on the road, also on-post is a great place to learn your bike due to low speed limits and lack of traffic.

Quick Reply: Looking at buying an '05, need some advice...