I'm not waving anymore!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 02:06 AM
1st Gear Member
Default I'm not waving anymore!

When I began riding this Ninja it was still cold and only the die-hard bikers and riders were out and about on theirs, and they all waved. Now that it's warmer andSpring is here, everyone is out riding their motorcycles, Harley's, Honda's, BMW's and most importantly, Kawasaki's. No one waves!
When another non-cruiser passes the rider just stares straight ahead. Sometimes a Harley rider will wave (more often than any other). The only time I see any acknowledgement between motorcycle riders is when within 15 feet of each other or within earshot.
What's the deal?
Is this just a Long Island thing?
Where has the Brotherhood gone?

Old 05-01-2008, 05:58 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I'm not waving anymore!

Why is this important to you?
In really crowded places with lots of motorcycles, your left hand might not spend much time on the bar.
Just wave if you feel like it (or don't if you don't) and don't expect anything in return.
Peace!
-CCinC

Old 05-02-2008, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Funny how it differs from area to area. Where I am, everyone waves, street bikes and cruisers alike. Where I go to school at, street bikes will wave, but the cruiser guys wont.
-Cody

Old 05-02-2008, 07:53 PM
1st Gear Member

I think it's the New York 'tude.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:23 PM

I live on Long Island too, it seems to me that most people wave. One notable exception is the LIE and most other highways- nobody ever waves going opposite directions there, though everyone usually waves when passing.

Actually last Monday I was riding down the LIE in that nasty rainstorm, no visibility, cold, wet, miserable... then ahead in the distance I see one headlight... could that be another motorcycle!? He was probably thinking the same thing, and once we each saw the other was a motorcycle we both waved enthusiastically.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:49 PM
1st Gear Member

i usually wave, unless im clutching or something. if they dont wave back, whatever. i dont really care. about 90% of the people i wave to wave back, sportbike or not.

its just part of the two wheeled brotherhood IMO.

kind of like a corvette. when you drive a vette, you wave at other vettes.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:05 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hmm, the tude is everywhere. Just to be on the road and enjoy what you have. I wave every F'n time and am loving life.

Old 05-04-2008, 03:45 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fnpaulie

I think it's the New York 'tude.
+1, almost all riders wave (IMHO), but you shouldn't take it personally if they don't.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:16 AM
1st Gear Member

I always wave or nod and most the time I get the same in return the one type of rider I notice in Sacramento that does not wave is the Beamer riders I think they have sticks in their butts or sand in their urethra...sorry inside joke but anyways...wave, wave, wave. Seriously sometimes with traffic conditions around here I understand if someone cannot wave they might be clutching or needing to pay attention to the cagers all around trying to eliminate the motorcycle population.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:53 PM
1st Gear Member

+1 Some people may not see you, some people may be too busy, and some people are just dicks, Dont become one of them. Who cares if they dont wave back, when you wave people know who the real rider is.

Quick Reply: I'm not waving anymore!