Got Mine Finally.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 07:11 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default Got Mine Finally.

Had to drive clear up to Santa Barbara, and didn't get any great deal on it, but at least I bought it from a motorcycle shop, and not some corporate-franchise boutique like all the dealerships in San Diego have become. Going out to put some break-in miles with the dogs...

Old 12-03-2006, 07:21 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Got Mine Finally.

Congrats!!! sweet bike!!!

Old 12-04-2006, 12:31 AM

Hey, Chris, I admire your indefatigable ethusiasm and zeal for EX500. I know you've other powerful bikes as well (If someone asks you what is the most appealing reason to own the 500, what would you say?)

Old 12-04-2006, 07:07 AM

Hi Chris,

Now you'll have to clone yourself just so you can ride them both at the same time!!! Glad to hear Angel's out there with you and the new one looks just as good as the old one, though I prefer the red to the lime green myself. Who's Angel's buddy ? From the photo it looks like she dumped you for someone more her type. Anyway, hope you have fun with the new one. Weather's getting down close to freezing here but I was out riding today.

I know Northern California from Big Sur on up to the Oregon border, but below Big Sur I just know I-5 to L.A. and I've been to La Jolla and San Diego a couple times and Fresno for a job interview once. I've heard there's some nice spots between L.A. and Big Sur but as I said I've only driven I-5 and haven't taken the coast. Now that I'm on the East Coast I may not get to do that for a while.

Take care and enjoy California,

Chris

Old 12-04-2006, 07:51 AM
1st Gear Member

I don't think I ever saw a pic of the other side of the red bike after the wreck. It really is not that bad on this side mine was dropped on the right side before I got it, also it's the same colors

Old 12-04-2006, 10:34 AM

the green one?? sweet, I will always want green after having mine, everyone but suzuki fans seem to love it including me weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 12-04-2006, 06:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Congrats CC, I know you been waiting for one for a while. What year is it?

Old 12-04-2006, 06:40 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Thanks fellows!
It's a 2006, and you can't really tell from this photo, but the red 2002 on the right was totalled.
Right side mildly chewed, the left side more convincingly so.
Here are photos from the left side of the red '02:

I feel like a playboy, because this is the third new bike I've bought this year. If anyone needs any parts, there are still a few unbroken ones on the '02 (just no unbroken turn signals, mufflers fairing pieces, mirrors, frame, subframe or swingarm.)

Old 12-05-2006, 01:05 AM
1st Gear Member

and brand new tires. sorry just had to
Hows angel like the new one? Got many miles on it yet?

Old 12-09-2006, 09:08 AM

ORIGINAL: calamarichris
Had to drive clear up to Santa Barbara, and didn't get any great deal on it, but at least I bought it from a motorcycle shop...
Weird how that stuff works.

I was in Reno, NV last week and wandered into a Kawa dealer. To my shock, they had *10* 500R's lined up side by side, and *no* 650R's in the whole building.

I may have to wander back up there when I'm ready to buy. Wonder if they'll deal with that many of 'em on the floor?

~Mike

Quick Reply: Got Mine Finally.