What can i do to my 250?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 12:47 AM
Default What can i do to my 250?

Hey guys I am new to the site. from Ky. just got me a Black 2006 ninja 250 for 2,300 bucks with 1,083 miles on it. and I was looking around and was wondering what things can be done to this bike. because most magazine dont even show the 250 when it comes to performance parts. I know it is a 250 so dont tell me to get a bigger bike because i like the small bike and something cheap to ride and have fun. i dont want a 6k bike to sit in the winter and im fine with the 250. so please help me out and let me know because im learning just as much about the bike as I am riding the bike. im a noob lol

Old 03-04-2007, 01:32 AM
Default RE: What can i do to my 250?

I would say to start with air pods and a rejetting with an aftermarket exhaust.See how you like that and go from there.[8D][8D]

Old 03-04-2007, 01:51 AM

around how much do u think that would cost and what would be the best reccommendation on setup

Old 03-04-2007, 04:35 AM
1st Gear Member

1+ LUIGI.

Besides changing the exhaust, carb jets, and air filter, there isn't much else you're gonna get out of it. Sorry[:-]

Old 03-04-2007, 06:26 AM

I don't have my bike yet, but I already know a few things on the bike that I want to change up. Here's a small list: new exhaust, air pods, led lights, or colored lights to match the bike, and if I get a 2007-take off those ugly as heck flames. The ninjas in my opinion look better w/o the decals. You could sport it up a little with some stickers or something if you want to be cheap I guess. People that don't ride might think you are hot stuff with racing stickers. Hey, it's what my cousin does. Just don't brag beside you bike in the event that someone knows what you are talking about. You'll look stupid, and it'll be funny as hell!

Old 03-04-2007, 08:27 AM

ORIGINAL: lawrence_blake

around how much do u think that would cost and what would be the best reccommendation on setup
Price really depends on where you get the stuff from.I would say to shop around on the net.That is usually the best place to get stuff.You can also bore it out maybe.25 but you are talking about spending a little more money that you may not necessarily need to spend.Just go with the recomendations I have given and you will probably be happily surprised.Keep us informed on how it goes.Just ask about what size of jets you should use with what you are doing when you do order the stuff.[8D]

Old 03-04-2007, 08:40 AM
1st Gear Member

DG said there is a aftermarket windscreen...carbon fiber gas cap...new exhaust system...new air filters...other dress up parts like colored oil cap and brake resevoir cover...larger rear tire...get your pegs powder coated... ... ...you have a few options

Old 03-05-2007, 01:21 AM

There is a small 1-2hp gain to be had by changing intake and exhaust. If you dont know what you are doing you can spend the entire summer trying to get it to run right after rejetting.

The bike is pretty maxed out performance wise from the factory so you end up wasting time andmoney trying to make it any faster.

Just ride the damn thing and enjoy it for what it is, a kick in the pants for a 250cc bike

However I would take the dumb looking flame stickers off the sides, they look awesome just plain with no stickers. Oh and you should cut the rear fender off if it hasntalready been done.

Theres also custom seat covers, zero gravity windscreens, and flush mount signals. Right now Im waiting for my blue ZG double bubble windscreen to get here.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:54 AM

just remember +2hp is like adding 8-10% more power, relative to total output.

kinda seems more appealing in that format

Old 03-05-2007, 04:58 AM

from where i stand, it seems that the largest gains are to be had in the suspension. As of late, I have been trying to extract as much sound "go fast" advice as possible in relation to our beloved 250r. As stated above it seems to be that stickier tires and properly adjusted, stiffer suspension components are the answer.

Quick Reply: What can i do to my 250?