total cost.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Default total cost.......

i'm getting an 06 ninja 250, paying cash. guy tells me the cost should be around 3700-3800, i was wondering if that would be after helmet, etc. cause 500-600 bucks seems a lot for plate/inspection/and whatever else is needed. basically i don't wanna pay more than 3900-4k with everything (taxes, plates, helmet, etc) also i don't plan on getting boots asap, just a helmet and jacket for now. good for now?

Old 04-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: total cost.......

no offense or anything, but it sounds like you are new to the bike world..... If the chance happens and you wreck, drop, whatever... jeans and tennies are not gonna cut it.... Gear is gonna be a one time investment for ya,and it will last you a long time..

i understand the saving money part....maybe you can find a good deal on ebay or somewhere for some pants... At least were a boot, even if it's a walmart thing, it's better than tennies, especially while you're learning on her, ya know.... JMO tho'

Old 04-16-2006, 08:54 AM

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

no offense or anything, but it sounds like you are new to the bike world..... If the chance happens and you wreck, drop, whatever... jeans and tennies are not gonna cut it.... Gear is gonna be a one time investment for ya,and it will last you a long time..

i understand the saving money part....maybe you can find a good deal on ebay or somewhere for some pants... At least were a boot, even if it's a walmart thing, it's better than tennies, especially while you're learning on her, ya know.... JMO tho'
i saw a pair for 80 bucks.............lemme find em, and yea i am new......i know the basics, just not what i need to know for full out street riding........i'll get the links of the gear i plan on getting.

Old 04-16-2006, 09:04 AM

jacket a

jacket b

one of those two.............and for helmets

helmet a

helmet b

Old 04-16-2006, 09:07 AM

boots.

gloves

what do ya guys think of the helmets/jackets im sure you will suggest leather, but it depends how much money i have left on which one i get.

Old 04-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

thats some good gear.... i have ICON gear myself.... Timax jacket, field armor boots, HJC and KCB helmets, and alpinestars leather jacket.... you can't go wrong with any of that gear....

Old 04-16-2006, 09:18 AM

ORIGINAL: MAD KAW

thats some good gear.... i have ICON gear myself.... Timax jacket, field armor boots, HJC and KCB helmets, and alpinestars leather jacket.... you can't go wrong with any of that gear....
im more than likely gonna get the white textile jacket. i don't think i will have the extra 200 bucks to get the leather.

Old 04-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Steve Ninja Strombol

im more than likely gonna get the white textile jacket. i don't think i will have the extra 200 bucks to get the leather.
ya thats cool... what ever you end up getting make sure you always gear up and ride safe....

Old 04-16-2006, 09:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Steve Ninja Strombol

ya thats cool... what ever you end up getting make sure you always gear up and ride safe....
for sure..........definately getting rid of that tail after the first couple rides. that thing is hideous, it will hafta be homemade since i wont have 100 bucks to get one

Old 04-16-2006, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

theres a few people in the 250 area who's made there own eliminator that turned out real nice.... SHON did hers by herself.... i'm sure she could help you out....

Quick Reply: total cost.......