So, How "Tricked" is too "Tricked"?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Default So, How "Tricked" is too "Tricked"?

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mark and I’m new to the forum. I’m glad that there is a dedicated 250 page on the site. So, now to my question. How “Tricked” is too “Tricked?”

I just bought an 08 Ninja 250 and have started to get Mods for it. I have ordered a fender eliminator kit and the rear seat cowl. I’m going to get a new slip on exhaust and chrome sliders (bar and frame) for it with my next pay check. After that, it’s a new chrome tinted wind screen and spiked windscreen bolts.

I love my new little toy and ride it every time I get a chance to. It’s the perfect bike for my commutes to and from workand running aroud. My only concern is that I might get a little carried away with the Mods. IS there such a thing as too much "Bling?"

I’ll try to post pictures of it as I get the parts on it. I’ll keep you “posted.”

Old 06-05-2008, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: So, How "Tricked" is too "Tricked"?

Welcome to KF!!!

Don't get too carried away with all the little add-on accessories like putting LEDs everywhere, decals all over the place, and so fourth. Cheap accessories just make the ride look... cheap. I think a bike (Or a car) looks best when everything is clean, uncluttered, and looks as though the parts on it belong there. Just my opinion.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:52 AM

yea its going to be hard not to get carried away with these bikes. i just got mine broken in an i am trying to find a turbo charger kit or something. there is too much show and not enough go for me. I work at a bmw dealership, and pretty much just drive the cars. and ya know once you get acclimated with an 07 m6 you always need to go faster. but my plans are:

1) fender eliminator
2) flush mount turn signals (when i can find them for an 08)
3) led under glow
4) bigger rear tire and rim
5) re-stuff the seat (comfort is a big thing for me)
6) full exhaust
7) cam)
8) bigger carbs
9) finally a bore to 350 cc and lower the compression with a turbo kit that hopefully add at least 20 hp ( if i can find one other wise i will have to mix and match and fab(
after that i will be happy.

damn my bike sounds like one of those ricer prodjects that alway stops when they try and put on a body kit

hahaha

Old 06-05-2008, 11:49 AM
1st Gear Member

too much bling just makes it look like you have no taste, makes it gawdy.

i prefer the simple clean beauty.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:09 PM

I'm not going for the total "Bling" effect. I just want to add a little chrome to show off the sparkle of the bike. I like the way it looks and thing that some extras will help get noticed a little more. One thing that I will not do is add decals/stickers to my bike.

Thanks for the input, so far. Look forward to seeing more.

Mark

Old 06-17-2008, 07:20 PM

so, I have added chrome windshield screws and chrome bar ends. Really makes my bike sparkle! Here is a pic.

[IMG]local://upfiles/9636/5BF1197BC38F4FA884FC7F6C71A55971.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-20-2008, 05:20 PM
1st Gear Member

I have a 08 NinJa 250 as wellmy boyfriend lowered it 3" andcut theexhaust on it, installed flush mount blinkers, eliminated the fender, and my favorite.. rhinestones around the gas cap, rhinestone stem covers and around the license plate.. and that's enough for me! Me and all my guy friends go to bike night every Wednesday nightat Joe's in Memphis and everyone loves my bike.. we have yet to see another 08 250 there.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:11 PM
1st Gear Member

+1

and welcome to KF

Old 06-25-2008, 03:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Here's some pics of mine!

Old 06-26-2008, 06:43 AM
1st Gear Member

She's a rhinestone cowgirl. Sorry bad song and it's stuck in my head and I thought I'd just share that. Anywho. I gotta to agree with not getting too crazy but bottom line whether you like stickers, rhinestones, chorme, or what ever I say if you like it DO IT it's your bike and it should make YOU happy. And some of the "worst" ideas turn out to be amazing. I completely covered my farings in LineX and too many peeps to count said I was mentally challenged for doing it but all said and done there hasn't been one person thatdidn'tloved it once they see in person. Do what you do and make it yours!!!

Quick Reply: So, How "Tricked" is too "Tricked"?