Passed the test!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 07:09 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Passed the test!

I just got back from taking the street test on my bike. Here in lincoln NE, there were four different courses set up with cones that you had to ride through. I did put my foot down on one of the courses, taking away points, but I still passed!

I am interested in hearing from all of you guys about what your motorcycle test was like. Did you pass it the first time? Did you have to do a crazy course like me? lets hear it!

Old 06-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Passed the test!

congrats.the test in cali is ride around in a circle staying with in the lines come out of the circle go straight still staying in the lines into another circle go around then back out again straight. then take down it down the street and they wan't to hear you go threw all gears then ur done.ready for fun

Old 06-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

First of all congratulations!!!!!

I did not pass mine the first time - the ole nerves took over and I made a couple mistakes, but I nailed it the second time.

I had to ride in a straight line beside the examiner while he was walking beside me, then I had ride through small cones set in a serpentine pattern (there was not much distance between the cones - to be honest I think it was less than a bike length), had to do this twice. Then we had to come to a proper stop, do a shoulder check, and take off again, had to do two circles to the right, two to the left and two complete figure eight patterns. You are allowed to put your foot down two times, if you did it three it was test over and you failed. If you dropped the bike, you failed.

Old 07-01-2006, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Congrats on passing! Similar tests here also.....

Old 08-08-2006, 09:43 AM

down here the driving test consisted of a braking distance and technique test where we had to stop within a distance of 25 feet from 20 mph or that section was failed, an S-turn test (which I did not do well on and ultimately got me in my first-God willing only wreck[:@]), a countersteer turning exercise within a box and you couldn't touch the lines, and an obstacle avoidance test. there were a few other tests that didn't matter that much, just general skills...

and congrats late!

Old 08-08-2006, 11:33 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kwninja88

down here the driving test consisted of a braking distance and technique test where we had to stop within a distance of 25 feet from 20 mph or that section was failed, an S-turn test (which I did not do well on and ultimately got me in my first-God willing only wreck[:@]), a countersteer turning exercise within a box and you couldn't touch the lines, and an obstacle avoidance test. there were a few other tests that didn't matter that much, just general skills...

and congrats late!
What happened when u said u wrecked your bike? Did it just fall over? I think your test must have been a lot like mine. The DMV actually told me to go the next town and take the test because it would be easier! All you have to do in the "small town" tests is drive around a city block while they follow you, and as long as you don't kill yourself going around the block, you passed!

Old 08-09-2006, 09:15 AM

No the wreck was at about 25 mph in an S-turn underneath a heavy truck service road which leads to the second bridge I have to cross to get to the OTHER island in Galveston. (can show map pic). There was too much dirt on the ground on tires that had worn too thin and I was going too fast about 45-50. Upon noticing the loss of traction I straightened up right after the first curve to brake, got it down to about 25-30 but was going too fast not to hit the curb and flew off into the grass. Fortunately the bike only had cosmetic damage to the upper fairing, the front wheel misaligned, and the front fender bent and torn up. The flight 40 feet away from the crash site was a kind of fun considering I landed flat on my back in thick grass, but I was not happy needless to say. Thankfully it didn't happen that I missed and went over before the first curve, because a straight vector in that curve goes right into a stagnant swamp. (I hate galveston...).

Took about two months to get fender bondo-ed and repainted. But fairing was beyond my repair capabilities and if you know anyone who may want an upper fairing with an epoxied crack in it please let me know or else I'll put it on ebay.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:26 PM
1st Gear Member

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S MARK!!! WOOHOO way to go!

Old 08-21-2006, 12:07 PM

So when are you going?

Old 08-22-2006, 03:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey mark, me again. Did you take your test at SCC lincoln? I just took it this past weekend. lost 11 out of possible 20 points but still passed. I been drivin my bike around town all day! If you ever go to any meets or wanna start a lincoln 250 club (hah!) look me up. I love the bike it's so fun to be free of the car.

Anyway congrats all around again.

Quick Reply: Passed the test!