Locksmith anyone?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Default Locksmith anyone?!?!?!?

I recently lost my key to my Ninja 250r and was wondering if there is any fair pricing locksmiths around that can do the job for under $125 dollars because that was what a motorsports locksmith quoted for me. I called Kawasaki and asked for the key codes but they dont keep them on file so my only chances are locksmiths.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Locksmith anyone?!?!?!?

Sux bro but 125 is not to bad, its that or smash off your ignition and buy a new one form the dealer.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:22 PM

yeh you know even locksmiths have been telling me that 125 is a good deal. i decided to take that offer since i want to finish my shooting the damn bike and getting the paints finished. plus i am getting it fully serviced and new tires so i want to ride my baby as quickly as possible. a mechanic that just moved into my friends neighborhood(1 minute walk away from me) is helping me service my bike for $35 an hour and i pay for my own parts. I am stocked.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

cool post some pics if you can.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:47 PM

Well, you should have a key code on a little metal tag. If you never had that or lost it you can get the key code on the bike. It is on the back side of the rail where the helmet lock is.

However, I took my code to two Kawasaki dealer in my area and one had a guy that didn't know what it was and another didn't deal with keys. WTF?!

Old 09-16-2007, 12:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, the only way you can get it done cheap is if you wrote down the key code number. I don't know where you live, but I lost the keys to my Eliminator, and it only cost me $60 plus the cost of a blank. That was in Augusta, GA

Old 09-17-2007, 12:10 AM

Pick the lock to the helmet lock, remove it from the frame turn it over and on the back is the key code.
Go to a real locksmith not a hardware storeand have them look up the code or see ifa dealer would do it. Use an Ilco X103 or KA16blank.

I didnt loose my key, the key I got with the bike was worn so I wanted to get another before I lost the only one I had. I will warn you it may take a few tries to get the key to work.

You also have to have part of the key ground off to get it to fit all the way in the ignition. Heres a pic...