just out of curiosity...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 01:02 AM
Default RE: just out of curiosity...

Thank you Gerg and MadKaw. That was really sweet of you both. It's nice to be appreciated by someone other than your kids!

Old 09-07-2005, 12:29 PM

been riding my 250 for over 10 years-love it. also had a shadow 750.

Old 09-21-2005, 03:33 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: toad1025

it's kinda cool to see the expression on a guys face when he sees that under that helmet is 5'1 girl and she's twistin' on the throttle!
Girl on a bike? Hottest thing ever!

Old 09-21-2005, 04:40 PM

when I went to pick up my bike with my then-fiance, we ran into a friend of hers that she used to work with who was at the dealership with her hubby picking up her bike - she got tired of riding on the back, and wanted one of her own too. My wife is semi-interested in getting one of her own. I need to find someone in the area that has a bike small enough for her - my 1200 is a little too tall - so she can see if it's something she'd really enjoy. She doesn't want to buy a bike until she knows if she'll really like it...I may but her one anyway....

Old 09-21-2005, 06:39 PM

Hey petezzr, my husband has a 1200 also (Suzuki bandit), and the EX500 was a good choice for me. I don't know how tall your wife is, but IMO, I would try the 250 or 500 for her. Just a thought.

Old 09-21-2005, 07:14 PM

ORIGINAL: toad1025

Hey petezzr, my husband has a 1200 also (Suzuki bandit), and the EX500 was a good choice for me. I don't know how tall your wife is, but IMO, I would try the 250 or 500 for her. Just a thought.
I was thinking along those lines....she's 5'1" (depending on the shoes ). Do you and hubby go riding together regularly? Anything I should keep in mind to make sure it stays fun for her and not a 'chore', from a woman's perspective?

Old 09-21-2005, 07:48 PM

HA!! Another shorty like me. I too am pushing the mark at just barely 5'1". I tried to ride with him every chance I got. I learned to ride with him at all speeds and in all weather conditions so that I was comfortable with him and he was comfortable with me. I also tried to "feel" his movements as far as up/down shifting, leaning, drafting, all that. I have rode with other people after riding on the back of his bike, and it is so NOT comfortable. Let her go with you as much as possible. If it's not too difficult, go out someplace remote and have her "ride" you. He put me on the front of the bike and he rode behind me, putting his feet down to make complete stops, i did all the shifting though. I was more apt to learn with him than anyone else. Also, when you have her take the class, try to "coach" from afar. I found that the less he told me in the classroom environment, the more I retained. Hope that helps ya out some. I think she will enjoy it, but it's gonna take a little time to be totally comfortable. The right person and the right bike are key.

Old 09-21-2005, 09:42 PM

good advice there toad i am still teaching my old lady to ride also and she is soon to take the msf class i will remember your advice.

Old 10-04-2005, 08:24 AM

Girl + Bike = Hawt. That is all.

Old 10-07-2005, 08:00 AM

just this afternoon, just bought my wife an ninja 250, and that thing is kinda fun! She cant wait for me to paint it pink for her, as soon as i learn of how to post pics, there will be 4 bikes of mine on here,lol Kaws rule! All of the woman that have bikes deserve much respect, its really hard to ride, even with all the morons on the cell phones not looking. Everyone on there bike allways need to be careful, so have fun and ride safe!

Quick Reply: just out of curiosity...