Just installed my Clip-ons today

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 01:57 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Just installed my Clip-ons today

Man feels awesome, taking tight turns is so much smoother and agile. Despite the small back ache after riding for a while (I don't mind much though) it feels much morecontroling and nimble. Just a thought for those who are maybe thinking about some, must modify the fairings or go naked. I have a UFO plastics front thingy, have to it a little because the master cylinder is in the way. I'll post pics sometime later this weekend hopefully. Keep in mind I bought clip-ons, not lowered risers, they go directly onto the forks, about 4 or 5 inches lower than stock.

Old 01-25-2008, 03:08 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Just installed my Clip-ons today

Cost?
Installation difficulty?
Can't wait to see the pics!

scootertrog

Old 01-25-2008, 01:45 PM
1st Gear Member

cost was 145 plus shipping, i felt like it was a little expensive but they are nice and it would take some time to machine the clip ons, so cudos to the maker. But installation was pretty easy, the throttle cable hook up is a little tricky for people who haven't done it before, my new handle grips were tricky to get on and ripped part of it by accident (2 bucks for a new one, im not concerned).

the only major problem i had was getting everything off my old handlebars only because the bar end bolts were rusty and stripped and the last owner loved to over torque things, so i had to take those off and cut the handle bars in half on a metal band saw toget out the throttle cylinder and clutch holder thing. but i doubt everyone will have that problem, other than that it's really straight forward

btw, i have to "cut" part of my UFO plastics thingy (forgot to add cut to my first post) just because the master cylinder is in the way, and if you don't want to rebleed your front brakes, be careful as to not let the MC fall upside down at all, u can hook on the right clip on with the top one still on, unbolt the MC and simply move it down and attach, no biggy, just something to keep in mind, but i gotta get a camera and clean her (REAL dirty, wheels went from black to graphite color.... ew) and then ill post some pics

Old 05-31-2008, 03:24 AM

I bought mine off ebay for 135 shipped. Their light weight and good quality. I also thought it was a good investment.Just make sure their tight! Your life depends on them. [sm=smiley36.gif]

Old 05-31-2008, 04:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah loose handlebars are no fun, i speak from experience...