hi!! new

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 03:37 PM
1st Gear Member

our neighbor has a 500 cc dirt bike that i ride sometimes. my husband usually sits on the back of it with me and he's my legs when stopping. i can't touch. i drove it alone a few times but he has to hold it up for me and then like be right next to me when i stop....yeah maybe not the safest thing but its okay unless i fall in a big patch of stickers or bull needle(nettle) which ever its called. i went to get the book to study for the written test and we are going to take that course before anything lol. well i am 5'0 tall but i have really long legs for how short i am if that makes a difference. I was reading where kawasaki is going to have a meeting september 19 about the 250r 09. to determine when exactly they will release them. on tuesday we went to a dealership here in town and they were out of the 08's. when we were leaving the guy that helped us said hey tomorrow we are getting in an 08 if you want to come and look at it. i went by yesterday before going to work and the one they had was an 09. they had the price at 4100 but we looked it up on line and they were to be sold at 3999...but whats weird is that noone in the big cities like dallas austin, houston have any 09's in stock and they are already taking deposits but a little franchise dealership in waco has one?? but then i read on the net that they haven't released them yet?? i was hesitant anyways to go to this lot b/c everyone i talked to said they had a bad rep. now this makes me wonder if they got in an 08 but selling it as an 09? i dunno is that possible??

Old 08-30-2008, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

the early 09s are going to dealers (no green yet). Think a $200 mark up is bad? There's a dealer here charging $1500 over msrp for an 08. $7600 total out the door.

you have to get into the habit of counter-steering to steer. its a lot safer than using your body to make the bike lean.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:05 PM
1st Gear Member

It makes sense that they got an 09 in. (this is basically the exact same bike though) I am getting an 09 any day now when Kawi delivers it to my dealership. The deal is that each dealership that had 08s on order would recieve one 2009 250r before the dealers meeting Sept 19th. These bikes are going to be marked up to 3999 as the MSRP but there are delivery fees that are generally about $100 - that may be where that mark up is coming from.

I have no knowledge of this dealer but I do not think that this is a scam -honestly even if it were an 08 that they were trying to sell as an 09, the 09 basically is the 08 (there were no real changes despite the price mark up) so your really getting the same bike. I don't know how bad you want one of these bikes but if I lived near you I would be trying to find out where that dealer was and I would be buying that bike today - despite already having a deposit on one here!

Old 09-02-2008, 08:45 PM
1st Gear Member

My 08 250 is lowered 3" and It's perfect for me and that's both feet flat on the ground and I'm 5 2".

Old 10-06-2008, 04:47 PM
1st Gear Member

My friend Jill is 4ft 11, rides an 06 GSXR 600. The rear has been lowered 2.75 in, and the front was lowered .5 in - very little handling compromise, and she can tear it up... she also does track days with us, and has no chicken strips

Here she is...

Here she is with the girl I accidentally did my tandem wheelie with - same height as Jill, she also rides.

And Flo on her bike - only a couple inches taller - you guys have seen her before...

All the girls in our group...

And the group...

Old 10-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Sro is that you superimposed in the picture on the right? Just messing man. Sorry man I couldn't resist, looks like a great group of riders, you are truly lucky to have people to hang with like that.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:36 AM

Yea you look like you're all really close. Cherish it, man. All my friends with bikes sold them so I can't ever find anyone to ride with except the girlfriend tagging along two-up