Help w/ oil pressure and Wideband

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 01:11 AM
Default Help w/ oil pressure and Wideband

I have a07' 250r which i recently installed a oil pressure gauge and wideband.I needhelpwithboth but first,WhenIrun my engine atidle the oil pressure isoftleylow. It maybe reads on myElectrical Prosportgauge 2 or 3 psi,and@ wotand close to redline it reads60ish psi max. Is thatnormal? I would think that the oil pressure@ idlewould be around 10psi max and around80ish at high rpms? I had to use a 2 foot stainless stealoil line to install the oil pressure sender because of clearance.Could that have to due with theoil pressure readings? maybe the engine isnt capable of pumping the oil up the line?the line isnt bent or anything.

The second issue is with the wideband. The reason i gota widebandisbecause, I found it oftley hard to tune the bike with out a A/F ratio device and more expensive to take it to get tuned. Does anyone know how far from down the headeri should place the 02 sensor? And what the normal A/F ratio readings at idle and under load would be just to have a idea? I will post pictures up soon.

Thanks alot guys, Mike.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:37 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Help w/ oil pressure and Wideband

I hear ya on the oil pressure, coming from cars i like to see 10 psi minimum on my engines. But you have to remember a car engine has pounds of rotating mass, not ounces like the 250 does. High rpm pressure is where it counts on small engines. Also where you have the gage tapped into will also make the reading differ, if you dont have it off the main oil galley your only reading the pressure going to the top end, which is not as much as the crank operates at. But the manual states that at 4,000 rpm and an oil temp of 194* you should see more than 50 psi. This reading is taken off of the main oil galley. As far as your other question, i have not the foggiest idea...

Old 05-30-2008, 04:33 PM

Thanks alot dillon. Here are some pics of the Oil line,sendor, and gauges. These pics how the oil line running from the block to the oil pressure sender which is located near the gauge cluster.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...1/DSC04875.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...1/DSC04848.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...1/DSC04857.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...1/DSC04852.jpg

Old 05-30-2008, 05:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Alrighty thats where i was thinking you were tieing into the oil system. That line carries oil to the cams after it lubricates the counter balance shaft. The manual says to tap into the oil galley via a plug that is just forward of the clutch housing for diagnostic purposes.

Its the big bolt under the oil filler cap.
Oh and on a side note, what kind of bars are those? It looks like they are a bit lower than the stockers. I have been wanting a set of bars that are a bit lower and give a more agressive riding postition...

Old 05-30-2008, 05:23 PM

Is it that bolt right above the right exhaust?SoIplaced theoillineinthe wrong spot?

I got those bars on ebay.Im very pleased with the bars. They are light weight andgood quality.Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CLIPO...spagenameZWDVW

Old 05-30-2008, 08:02 PM
1st Gear Member

yup you got it.
Thanks for the link on the bars too.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:31 PM

Hell yeah! Thanks lots dillion you were way right about the bolt close to the clutch. Reads waymore accuratenow! At 4,000 rpm it reads 70psi. I think i have to much oil in the engine because yesterday when i had the oil linein the wrong place i paniced and thought i didnt have enough oil so i but some extra in. I will drain some oil out and i should be fine now.

Thanks,mike

Old 05-31-2008, 01:03 AM
1st Gear Member

some sort of suction device through the fill plug will save you alot of mess...

Old 05-31-2008, 01:26 AM

I drained some oil out the mostcheap way ever.I put a rag over the oil cap hole and revved the engine a little and took some oil out that way.haha Would you say that at idle6-8 psiand redline 105psi is normal?What did you say the right pressures were? I just get kinda worried when i see the pressure so high at redline. I would think it should be around 85ish but i really dont know.

And can someone help me with the Wideband question?

Thanks for the help,Mike[sm=hail.gif]

Old 05-31-2008, 04:18 AM
1st Gear Member

all the book says is more than 50psi at 4K. As long as she dosnt leak i would say 105psi is good. At any rate i would strongly recomend getting yourself the service manuals. You can get both of em straight from Kawasaki off their website. They are $35 and $32 if i remember right. Worth their weight in gold though...

Quick Reply: Help w/ oil pressure and Wideband