Fixing her up/making look pretty *Update*

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 06:27 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Fixing her up/making look pretty *Update*

Decided to take apart the bike and do a full inspection kinda deal. And it's been very strange. The previous owner must have been on something when he worked on the bike, 2 screws are missing from the carb's, I found 3 acrons inside my air filter box, he used LOCTITE on the front brake rotor bolts which caused me to strip one of them so I'll have to tap it out, list kinda goes on. Anyways, thought I'd show you some of the progress, I'm in the process of painting the rear wheel and until I can get that front rotor off I'll paint that one as well, and since a little spill I had I've fixed a dent in the gas tank and am going to prep that for paint as well, oh and JB welded the fuel leaks since the dealer won't cover it, not the year model that was affected. Anyways, here's the swing arm so far...

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=HPIM0696.jpg

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=HPIM0695.jpg

Oh yeah, and I discovered this little guy was a little worn...

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=HPIM0694.jpg

Old 05-21-2007, 06:52 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Fixing her up/making look pretty

[sm=smiley20.gif] good job, looks clean. I'd be tempted to paint them a different color if I took mine off.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:22 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah i was trying to think of a nice color scheme, but I dunno, I'm deciding to keep things simple and black, i also believe strongly that black is the safest color to be riding in the city with which is what I do all the time

Old 05-24-2007, 05:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Alright well I got the rear together just about, have to torque down the axle and swingarm and hook up the brake. Re-painted the gas tank as well, got messed up after a spill I had THE DAY I PAINTED IT. Anyways, looks decent, not perfect, wish I had more time to spend on making everything perfect, but it's finals week and I can't spend too much time on the bike

BTW, one of the sides of the gas tank had a 7 inch long, 4 inches wide and about 3/4 inch deep dent, can you guess which side it was????

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa3/MottPower/

Old 05-24-2007, 09:17 PM
1st Gear Member

can't tell where the dent is but so far the bike looks good with the paint. keep us informed on how the bike is when your done.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

looking good mott, this pic right here kicks ***

Name:  HPIM0713.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  204.5 KB

Old 05-25-2007, 02:04 AM
1st Gear Member

hah, yeah i guess it is kind of a strange pic

need opinions, this summer i'll hopefully be making my own brake and clutch lever and add some clip-ons maybe. but i want to change the headlight and make my own,but what kind of look should i go for? i would like to keep the lights i have on it, they are bright as **** but i'm really hating the look of the fairing thingy. should i go for a speed triple look? more buell like with a small fairing on top? stacked lights, something sportier like the olderz1000?

Old 05-25-2007, 02:09 AM

bike looks great so far

Old 05-26-2007, 01:59 AM

The front thing is certainly different, kinda grows on ya It has to be an improvement over stock lighting anyway.

That front sprocket is just amazingly trashed, I did see the rear in one of the pics, hopefully your replaced that too.

Old 05-26-2007, 02:28 PM
1st Gear Member

I agree on that front sprocket. that thing looks like a ninja star instead of a sprocket. Me personaly i like the who streetfighter look of your bike.

Quick Reply: Fixing her up/making look pretty *Update*